Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Where else is there something like THIS?

Date: 05/06/03 20:16
Where else is there something like THIS?
Author: Ster2block

A crosswalk right next to a diamond?

The CSX CL&W Sub (the single main) and the CSX Greenwich Sub (the double main) cross at grade here in Grafton, Ohio on St. Rt. 57.

Is there anywhere else where the RR actually has special crossbucks for the crosswalk, as it winds across near the diamond?

By the way, my scanner cut this sky part of my shot for some reason, but you\'re not missing anything but the sky.

Thanks in advance!
Tony :)
Ster2Block

Date: 05/06/03 20:43
Re: Where else is there something like THIS?
Author: kevin157

Hmmm, I have seen many crossing gates for sidewalks, but nothing quite like this! Really weird! Thanks for sharing.

Date: 05/06/03 20:51
Author: kevin157

Ran into this mainline CSX crossing in VERY rural West VA. 3 tracks . Watch ot for trains...

Date: 05/07/03 04:46
Author: chatanuga

Here in Ohio, I\'ve seen a couple crossings where in addition to the crossbucks, there\'s also an advanced warning sign next to them with flashing yellow lights in the top and bottom quarter sections of the sign. The lights are always flashing whether a train\'s approaching or not.

Kevin
http://chatanuga.org/RailPage.html

Date: 05/07/03 06:15
Author: reslivka

On the Mon Sub in Glassport, PA, there was a pedestrian crossing with lights and crossing arms.

Date: 05/07/03 08:50
Author: gonut

Usually it would be a no trespassing sign.

Date: 05/07/03 10:47
Author: jch9596

Ster2block wrote:

"By the way, my scanner cut this sky part of my shot for some reason, but you\'re not missing anything but the sky."

My scanner would do that too, esp. on white or grey skies. To remedy this, I would put a dark background under the picture so the scanner thinks that\'s part of what needs to be scanned. Naturally you then have to crop out the rest of it.

Joe

Date: 05/07/03 12:34
Here is one (link)
Author: oaksmodelrr

There is a sidewalk that is used by SEPTA employees to get from Wayne Jct Station to Wayne Tower. You can see it to the right of the diamond along with a crossbuck sign for pedestrians.

http://www.trainweb.org/phillynrhs/RPOTW030202.html

Date: 05/07/03 13:25
Author: railfan4449

Back in the old days when Conrail had CSX\'s Greenwich sub. Thier were crossing gates for the side walk in North Olmstead. Of course some people didn\'t take much notice of them.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0336 seconds