Home Open Account Help 273 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > More B&P at Homer City- COLD!

Date: 12/15/16 18:25
More B&P at Homer City- COLD!
Author: nkp746

I decided to drive by the small yard below the Homer City plant today to see if the B&P was picking up empties. It has getting dark and was flippin' cold so I was kind of hoping nothing was there- but sure enough I saw a headlight. As catching something here is a bit rare, I had to stop. Man was it COLD! I could literally not keep the monopod steady I was shivering so much. I took a short video and called it a night. Maybe next time it will be above 15 degrees! This is one of the first videos from my recently acquired Sony RX10 Mark 2.

Rob Bennett
Fairview, PA

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/16/16 01:20
Re: More B&P at Homer City- COLD!
Author: boejoe

g.g.g.good  c.c.ca.ca.ca.cat.catch! 
Flashers at the crossing are a nice scene and the finale with steam from the stacks is great. 
Any idea what is the purpose of the storage tank in the field with the ladder up to the top? 

Date: 12/16/16 03:48
Author: jmbreitigan

An early Christmas present Rob? One cool video or should I say cold video   : )
John

Date: 12/16/16 05:14
Author: DJ-12

Really enjoying all the great coverage from this seldom seen corner of the world

Posted from iPhone

Date: 12/16/16 05:40
Author: nkp746

I think (corrections welcome!) it is fuel for the farm equipment. I have seen these types of setups all over this area in the fields, in various sizes, configurations, and colors. I am taking pictures of them for our model railroad, as we have a few farm field scenes. I have also seen them labeled for Brine. Maybe I should ask over on the Model RR forum...

boejoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> g.g.g.good  c.c.ca.ca.ca.cat.catch! 
> Flashers at the crossing are a nice scene and the
> finale with steam from the stacks is great. 
> Any idea what is the purpose of the storage tank
> in the field with the ladder up to the top? 

Rob Bennett
Fairview, PA
http://youtube.com/user/SirDopeyTheBear/featured

Date: 12/16/16 07:32
Author: jtbrandt

I live in AZ (77 degrees yesterday, BTW), but I'm from Pittsburgh. I went to IUP in the late 80s and seeing those old stacks at the plant make me smile. Seeing the cold which I no longer have to deal with makes me smile as well.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0332 seconds