Home Open Account Help 298 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS OCS schedule this year?

Date: 03/17/17 19:00
NS OCS schedule this year?
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

I believe the NS OCS train did not travel too much last year. With the Masters Golf Tournament only a few weeks away does anyone know how much travel she will see this year? First picture is at PRR bridge in Massillon from 2013 then last two Alliance winter of 2014. Just curious to see if NS will let her out more this year...?

Date: 03/17/17 19:53
Re: NS OCS schedule this year?
Author: ns1000

Nice shots of my favorite train....

Date: 03/17/17 20:05
Author: krm152

OCS trains can provide an excellent means of building good relations with railroad customers and investors.  They can also build community good will.
BNSF (privately owned), UP, and KCS operated OCS train with relative frequency.  NS, I believe , should operate OCS trains for purposes that benefit the business and should not refrain from doing so because of some false economy rationale.
They might want to consider mentioning the cost and benefits of OCS trains in their annual report.
ALLEN   

Date: 03/17/17 20:33
Author: SOU3921

While I am rooting around in the archives tonight, my favorite unexpected catch of the F's.

NS 955 easing down the Clinch Valley at Bluefield on 10.27.12, deadheading to Richlands with a few invitees onboard.

2 more further down the Clinch Valley, between Bluefield and Richlands.

Date: 03/18/17 06:20
Author: BRANDON_COLE

Altoonaworks has been posting a few photos of the OCS this year powered by SD40E helper sets. They tell me the F units are in the shop for upgrades. There was a post yesterday that RCPX 800321 (Sandy Creek) which is Wick Mormans car was in the consist. I will attach there photo posted on facebook yesterday.

Date: 03/18/17 06:43
Author: sscannella

There was one through Harrisburg a couple weeks ago.....

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,4241550,4241550#msg-4241550

Date: 03/18/17 06:45
Author: bluesboyst

In the last photo.. Is that AR tower?

Date: 03/18/17 07:55
Author: BRANDON_COLE

bluesboyst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the last photo.. Is that AR tower?

Yes it is.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0378 seconds