Home Open Account Help 240 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > SpongeBob SquareCab Large & In Charge in Dyer

Date: 03/19/17 19:51
SpongeBob SquareCab Large & In Charge in Dyer
Author: WrongMain

Sunday was a nice day in the Calumet Region so it was time to go see the sights.  I wandered over to Dyer just in time to catch the northbound CSX freight Q642, the daily Indy to Barr Yard freight, come across CN's ex EJ&E diamonds.  I had to shoot into the sun, but when I saw what was leading, I didn't feel so bad.  One of those "unique" looking SD40-3's was on point, followed by a NS GE.  I don't mean to subject you to seeing this big ugly, but if we see enough of these critters, maybe they will start to grow on us, like warts.  Just as I was back in my car after shooting the 4015, the radio came to life with "approach Dyer."  Cross traffic on the CN was getting close but with Q642 on the diamonds, they would have to wait their turn.  Hoping for something better than what CSX had to offer, I made it to Hart Street just in time to catch a less than exotic CN GE on an eastbound.  Not usually a fan of CN's GE's, I thought that by comparison with the SD40-3, it didn't look so bad.  Well, at least it was a nice day.

Date: 03/19/17 21:58
Re: SpongeBob SquareCab Large & In Charge in Dyer
Author: inCHI

In the first image, what is the diamond in the foreground, is it in service? Neat shots.

Date: 03/20/17 05:23
Author: WrongMain

inCHI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the first image, what is the diamond in the
> foreground, is it in service? Neat shots.

Sorry that I forgot to mention that.  That's the long out of service Michigan Central that ran out to Joliet.

Date: 03/20/17 07:11
Author: cornerfieldhobby

WrongMain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> inCHI Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > In the first image, what is the diamond in the
> > foreground, is it in service? Neat shots.
>
> Sorry that I forgot to mention that.  That's the
> long out of service Michigan Central that ran out
> to Joliet.

You can tell by the moss growing on the top of the rails.

Date: 03/20/17 18:27
Author: SCL1517

I'd say at this point that an ex Santa Fe C40-8W, or ANY Dash 8 running on a Class 1, is pretty exotic, relatively speaking.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0477 seconds