Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Scooping business from the RR?

Date: 03/20/17 08:49
Scooping business from the RR?
Author: santafe199

Here’s a light hearted moment I observed last month while traveling through Ohio. I was roaming the backroads in a casual railfan trek through previously unknown territory. I found this scene below on the ‘Napoleon, Defiance & Western’ Ry in Antwerp, OH. I just thought it was a bit funny to see a grain truck being loaded while hopper cars were standing unused in the background. In my RR career experience it would be the grain truck that was being unloaded for trans-loading into the hopper cars. Go figure…

1. ND&W elevator scene in Antwerp, OH on February 24, 2017.

Note: Although I regularly post on the Western forum this is an Eastern topic so I’m posting on both forums.

Thanks for looking!
Lance Garrels
santafe199

Date: 03/20/17 09:21
Re: Scooping business from the RR?
Author: farmer

It all depends on where the best deal is. Several end users in the nearby area. That area is a corn deficit area with all the larger livestock farms close by. Antwerp Elevator is part of Mercer Landmark with several different locations. Possibly moving grain to another location.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/20/17 10:34
Re: Scooping business from the RR?
Author: DJ-12

farmer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It all depends on where the best deal is. Several
> end users in the nearby area. That area is a corn
> deficit area with all the larger livestock farms
> close by. Antwerp Elevator is part of
> Mercer Landmark with several different locations.
> Possibly moving grain to another location.
>
> Posted from iPhone

Corn may also be moving to any local ethanol facilities.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0617 seconds