Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Trackside from The NS Chicago Line

Date: 03/20/17 13:08
Trackside from The NS Chicago Line
Author: bath_wildcat

As some of you are aware, I live in Myrtle Beach, SC.  Well I had to come back home to Ohio for my job at Cedar Point.  I work as a cook at Castaway Bay, so as it looks I will have 2 days off per week, then again during the summer-I could ended up getting more hours.  However, I will be back at MP 241.6 reporting as quickly as possible with anything out of the ordinary through here with photo evidence if warranted.  If any ogf you see renegade388 on heritageunits.com, thats also me.  So yea I do track the heritage units through that site and report as it is.  

Anyway, since I am back up here, I took a little bit of time in Gypsom, Ohio to do a bit of railfanning.   The only train was this solo Dash 9 with stacks and empty racks,  then the MP 251 signals with doueble approaches lit with the replacdements waiting in the wings. 

I then moved to Port Clinton, Ohio off Madison St and caught this next solo Dash 9.  Seems the first half was sailboat fuel while the last half was all stacks. 

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 03/20/17 13:15
Re: Trackside from The NS Chicago Line

Those were from Saturday, this next set is from Sunday.  Onceagain set up at Madison St. in Port Clinton.  First up was this three pack mix freight with NS 6355 third out. 

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 03/20/17 13:17

Next up was 3 intermodals with three Dash 9's for power each.  These all were westbounds, not a single eastbound in sight. 

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 03/20/17 13:20

The last westbound before having to leave. I went looking for the S&A heritage unit today, but came up empty handed.  

Thanks for looking and yes taken with my Kyocera Brigidier cell camera,  

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 03/21/17 09:39
Author: NKP-PRR

Ahhh, Port Clinton, my home town!  I spent many hours in Gypsum Oh....I was into night photography in my youth and those signals always seemed to find themselves in the center of the frame.  Back in the Conrail days, those signals would drop out from Green to Yellow to Red when a train passed.  The line was dead in the afternoon, but early morning and late evening it was very busy.  

At home I was able to pick up the detectors at LaCarne, Gypsum and Sandusky.  Very helpful when wanting to go train watching.  Plus it was fun listening to all the train names...MAIL, TOPI, TV, ML, SEEL.....ahhh the good old days!     

Mike - you should try to find the marina off of 3rd street.  There is a great view of the Portage River Drawbridge.

-Dave
Amherst, OH

Date: 03/21/17 09:46
Author: JUTower

Sailboat fuel... that's funny!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.041 seconds