Home Open Account Help 287 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Trackside today-what fun!

Date: 04/15/17 18:26
Trackside today-what fun!
Author: bath_wildcat

Since my teenage daughter wasnt at her track meet today (it was an invite), I went trackside at the usual haunt here in Sandusky, Ohio.  

First train of the day was this loaded oil train eastbound, however I was out of place to nail it.  Oh well, thought to get creative on Camp St.

Second was this westound manifest, but what was interesting was NS 6137 third back facing east.

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 04/15/17 18:29
Re: Trackside today-what fun!

A short time later I was greeted with my first foreign power of the day in the form of UP 5802 and CP 9813 on an eastbound manifest. 

Then SD60E 7017 rolls westbound with a stacker train.  

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 04/15/17 18:32

And the going away picture. This one pulled the old stacks and racks trick.  

Next westbound I didnt time right, but it recoreded this westbound as part of what I saw.  Trailing picture is included.

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 04/15/17 18:36

First SD70ACU in the form of 7296 leading NS 24M.  Had a nheads up from a facebook group im in. I put this one on rapid fire mode, because of it being an SD70ACU.

Right after that was SD70ACu n7297 leading a westbound Gypsom train. Anyone know who Sultran is on here?  

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 04/15/17 18:38

Trailing Ns 9088. 

Next is this westbound manifest. Timing again, however NS ran ths one around the Gypsom train.

Going away picture.

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 04/15/17 18:43

Missed this unit yesterday trailing westbound on a good deed, however I did get this one leading.  Ironically it was my very first horsehead I had seen, so here is NS 2594, still full on whiteface (NSDash9) leading an eastbound intermodal. 

Next up was NS 34N screaming by me at track speed with an all EMD consist-3 SD70M-2's and an SD70ACe. 

Both of these were all EMD consists, the 2594 was the first one, then 34N was the second one. 

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/17 18:44 by bath_wildcat.

Date: 04/15/17 18:47

Then this Eastbound empty coke train eastbound. 

Then a break with this hyrailer going by eastbound.  

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 04/15/17 18:51

The Hyrailer had to wait on this Wheeling & Lake Erie Coke train to pass by into the Sandusky Yard.  This is the shocking thing as NS is still running Wheeling coke trains. Even more shocking-CN 5735 trailed NS 8344.  

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 04/15/17 18:56

Wheeling & lake erie coke cars, one being a rare one.  Not sure who the company is though. 

Then 67T shows up but due to a glitch in my cell, sadly no pictures of the cream and green.  Kinda makes me mad,as Andrew Fletcher designed that scheme.  

And lastly the power for the Gypsom train comes back to Sandusky to the new yard.  The conductor on the locomotive was mre of a human interest shot, and I know he heard me say What a Beauty.  

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 04/15/17 18:57

9089 going away and it rained when the sun was out.  All in all a great day out there today.  

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 04/15/17 20:31
Author: cornerfieldhobby

Wow interesting catch on the Schneider National tanks on that first intermodal well car set. Never seen though's before.

Date: 04/15/17 20:34
Author: cornerfieldhobby

Great catch on #7296 & then #7297. Rare to catch to brothers passing each other.

Date: 04/16/17 12:16

cornerfieldhobby Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow interesting catch on the Schneider National
> tanks on that first intermodal well car set. Never
> seen though's before.

I can say for sure I havent seen them either, as I didnt know what those were and thought they looked kinda weird.  

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 04/16/17 12:18

cornerfieldhobby Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great catch on #7296 & then #7297. Rare to catch
> to brothers passing each other.

They really didnt pass each other, the 7296 was at around 1:30 PM, the 7297 maybe a half hour later, howevver I wanted to go rapid fire anyway.  My cell has a feature where I can fire off 30 frames in a single burst, hence why I did that for these two ACU's and the 2594. I kinda like the close shot of 7297 though. 

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1044 seconds