Home Open Account Help 143 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Circus train move fairfax to WV move 5/1


Date: 04/21/17 07:22
Circus train move fairfax to WV move 5/1
Author: mully

The map on trains page seems to show this move going west to Riverton then south down to Roanoke then west.  In the past this move has gone south to Lynchburg then west to Raonoke.  I really cant see them taking the leg south at Riverton.  Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks
Gary
 



Date: 04/21/17 07:29
Re: Circus train move fairfax to WV move 5/1
Author: bioyans

mully Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The map on trains page seems to show this move
> going west to Riverton then south down to Roanoke
> then west.  In the past this move has gone south
> to Lynchburg then west to Raonoke.  I really cant
> see them taking the leg south at Riverton.  Does
> anyone have any insight?
>
> Thanks
> Gary

Don't rely upon the Trains maps. At least one recent move had the train running a split NS/CSX route in error. In reality, the train went an all-NS route. I'm hearing one of the Blue unit's final moves also shows a split NS/CSX route on the map, but is actually not planned to run that way.  



Date: 04/21/17 07:30
Re: Circus train move fairfax to WV move 5/1
Author: PittsburghMike

mully Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The map on trains page seems to show this move
> going west to Riverton then south down to Roanoke
> then west.  In the past this move has gone south
> to Lynchburg then west to Raonoke.  I really cant
> see them taking the leg south at Riverton.  Does
> anyone have any insight?
>
> Thanks
> Gary
>  

I was wondering this as well, as the map seems to indicate the train will run down the H Line. Is that confirmed, or did someone at trains take liberties with the map?



Date: 04/21/17 07:42
Re: Circus train move fairfax to WV move 5/1
Author: ns7500

I wouldn't be surprised if it routed via lynchburg va then up to to roanoke and then to wv

Posted from Android



Date: 04/21/17 08:51
Re: Circus train move fairfax to WV move 5/1
Author: blackcatd9

REMINDER: Feld Circus Train Rail Transportation Orders (RTO’s) and Times are made in advance and Subject to Change (STC) without notice as the host railroad(s) require. Routings and Times are unpredictable, a lot can change during departure – as we have seen many times in the past. RTO’s cite the Circus Trains are to run ahead of schedule if the host RR’s can accommodate. Crew Changes, Service Stops and Consist Rearrangement can occur anywhere or anytime along the route at the discretion of the operating/transportation officials, which over the years has been observed.
BUCT does not leave Baltimore MD until 01 May 2017 – a lot can change in the coming departure out of Baltimore MD – BUCT is now in the CSXT Mount Claire Yard - goes under Washington Blvd in Morrel Park.

Trains Magazine Map may well be a projected routing of the Red and Blue Units at the time of publication.

All for now. bcd9 ∑:=)



Date: 04/21/17 15:44
Re: Circus train move fairfax to WV move 5/1
Author: rbx551985

LIKELY CSX to Alexandria, NS to Lynchburg, Roanoke, Mullens, Deepwater... then the shoreline now operating the line from Deepwater into Charleston. (Not confirmed, however....)



Date: 04/21/17 18:19
Re: Circus train move fairfax to WV move 5/1
Author: Jimbo

rbx551985 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LIKELY CSX to Alexandria, NS to Lynchburg,
> Roanoke, Mullens, Deepwater... then the shoreline
> now operating the line from Deepwater into
> Charleston. (Not confirmed, however....)

Yes, likely this route. As a reminder to get to Mullins the route from Roanoke will now be via Bluefield, Wharncliffe, and Gilbert - a long way around.



Date: 04/21/17 18:57
Re: Circus train move Fairfax to WV move 5/1
Author: tq-07fan

Jimbo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> rbx551985 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > LIKELY CSX to Alexandria, NS to Lynchburg,
> > Roanoke, Mullens, Deepwater... then the
> shortline
> > now operating the line from Deepwater into
> > Charleston. (Not confirmed, however....)
>
> Yes, likely this route. As a reminder to get to
> Mullins the route from Roanoke will now be via
> Bluefield, Wharncliffe, and Gilbert - a long way
> around.

Thank you for that reminder Jimbo. So the line at Garwood WV where the catenary poles are still up on the trestle across West Virginia State Rt 10 is the part that is out of service? I had read about it earlier but did not connect the dots correctly until now.

Is the projected route for going from Charleston to Long Island more or less the reverse of the route rbx551985 and Jimbo suggested?

Jim



Date: 04/22/17 11:26
Re: Circus train move Fairfax to WV move 5/1
Author: Appalachianrails

> Thank you for that reminder Jimbo. So the line at
> Garwood WV where the catenary poles are still up
> on the trestle across West Virginia State Rt 10 is
> the part that is out of service? I had read about
> it earlier but did not connect the dots correctly
> until now.

Yes, that part is still out of service.

>
> Is the projected route for going from Charleston
> to Long Island more or less the reverse of the
> route rbx551985 and Jimbo suggested?

Yes.



Date: 04/22/17 18:14
Re: Circus train move Fairfax to WV move 5/1
Author: Jimbo

Appalachianrails Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Thank you for that reminder Jimbo. So the line
> at
> > Garwood WV where the catenary poles are still
> up
> > on the trestle across West Virginia State Rt 10
> is
> > the part that is out of service? I had read
> about
> > it earlier but did not connect the dots
> correctly
> > until now.
>
> Yes, that part is still out of service.
>
> >
> > Is the projected route for going from
> Charleston
> > to Long Island more or less the reverse of the
> > route rbx551985 and Jimbo suggested?
>
> Yes.

Yes, except there is a good chance of heading north from Roanoke on the Shenandoah Valley line to Long Island instead of via Lynchburg.

Jim



Date: 04/24/17 10:28
Re: Circus train move Fairfax to WV move 5/1
Author: rbx551985

Jimbo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > > Is the projected route for going from
> > Charleston
> > > to Long Island more or less the reverse of
> the
> > > route rbx551985 and Jimbo suggested?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> Yes, except there is a good chance of heading
> north from Roanoke on the Shenandoah Valley line
> to Long Island instead of via Lynchburg.
>
> Jim

YES; that's what we are hearing is the likely route as well, on the show. Watch for sightings that day for the FINAL RUN of either RBBB train with everyone still aboard, from WV to NY.



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0834 seconds