Home Open Account Help 282 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > superb CSX railroading here today

Date: 04/23/17 16:59
superb CSX railroading here today
Author: JLinDE

The Hunter cannot improve on this, and it has all to do with the experienced, dedicated employees at CSX. In early afternoon an extra Q301 (An S301) arrived here with 100 cars from Woodbourne and split the train in Wilsmere's WB yard, separated the two locos from the train, and crew taxied home. About the same time Q034 the regular Sunday afternoon intermodal train passed a detector about 40 miles west and reported serious lead engine problems with 296 axles and 6700 feet of train. First the horn did not work so the conductor (I presume) went to the second unit to blow the horn. Then there were air problems. They had to isolated the lead unit, and arranged to set it off at a place east of the big river bridge agreeable to Dispr & crew. Did that and came east with engineer running from second unit long hood forward. By this time EB Q370 had arrived and was in the yard. It had been arranged for the regular second trick yard crew to get on the two units that arrived on the S301 to move east of the yard, get out on single track, and be prepared to move back to couple to the Q034. A WB mty ballast train had arrived to help with the EOT. BUt our local Utility man did that. Q034 arrived here at the west end at 1721 hrs. Pulled by and stopped. Engines added, The regular engineer who operated this train with the long hood forward over at least six road crossings and 30 miles walked to the added engines units, made a brake test, and was gone in only 24 minutes! The Q034 crew usually wants to get the last AMTK to Richmond but way too late today. There is no SB intermodal on Monday. I hope they got a quick van ride down I-95 on a hopefully quite Sunday night.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.035 seconds