Eastern Railroad Discussion > Thomas and Friends

Date: 04/23/17 20:05
Thomas and Friends
Author: M

Thomas the train meets some of his friends at Chattanooga Tn 4.23.17

Date: 04/24/17 04:08
Re: Thomas and Friends
Author: Englewood

The one on the left has more personality......................

Date: 04/24/17 04:56
Author: robbie

Thomas looks to the Diesels thinking, "I wish I could have that train. Then I would be a Really Useful Eengine indeed!"

(Yes, having a one-year-old might've just corrupted my mind for good...)

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/24/17 07:20
Author: colehour

I think that every episode of Thomas has short video segment of live action railroading somewhere in the UK. It usually comes on about 10 or so minutes into the program. Unfortunately, there are not too many of those segments and they seem to be repeated often.

Does anyone remember "Shining Time Station?" It would air episodes of Thomas, with Ringo Starr and George Carlin playing the roles of Mr. Conductor.

Date: 04/24/17 07:48
Author: cornerfieldhobby

colehour Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone remember "Shining Time Station?" It
> would air episodes of Thomas, with Ringo Starr and
> George Carlin playing the roles of Mr. Conductor.

I do. That was a really great show because they used quite a lot of railroading footage. Even the Chessie T1 on the stone bridge. But that show was on when I was born, so that's a long time ago. I do wish though they put it out on DVD.

Date: 04/24/17 10:46
Author: Buckybadger2010

Not to worry Shining Train Station is on You Tube, all 40 or episodes.

Date: 04/24/17 10:53
Author: Gonut1

Yes, My sons were 3 and 1 when one morning I turned on the TV and Thomas The Tank Engine rolled out to the American public. every Saturday. I lived through it and Thomas lives on in a box in the basement, a Lionel G scale set with all the trimmings! There are piles of the die cast Thomas characters lurking in boxes of old toys somewhere in the house. Now that one son has recently moved out at age 23 some of these will reappear. If and when the older son ever decides to move on even more will show up. Along with Legos, Knex, Hot Wheels, their O gauge Lionel trains and endless "stuff" will be rediscovered!
Gonut

Date: 04/24/17 11:28
Author: robbie

Gonut1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thomas lives on in a box in
> the basement, a Lionel G scale set with all the
> trimmings!

Yup, I see myself shopping for that in the near future for our garden railroad. Amazing how quickly modeling interests turn from prototypical PRR in the late '40s to Thomas and looking to kitbash or buy cheap a G-scale Mister Rogers/Daniel Tiger trolley!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/24/17 18:47
Author: Cumberland

I have every Shining Time Station episode on VHS tapes because when I was little. My parents would record them for me to watch them over and over again... And I did! The funny thing is that, if you go on the characters' IMDb filmographies websites, you will discover that they were in shows, such as CSI, Law & Order and many other more familiar productions.

Thomas the Tank Engine was originally a series of books sold in England. Then, in the late 1980s, PBS adapted it to be intertwined with their Shining Time Station show in the US.

What drives me nuts is that if I mention Shining Time Station to most of the people I know, they have no clue what on earth I am talking about. If, on the other hand, I say something about Thomas the Tank Engine, they will more than likely know what I am referring to.

I attended the Western Maryland Railway HS 2014 annual convention, held in Strasburg, PA. As part of the event we got a shop tour of the railroad's facilities. We even got to see Percy, before 'He' was officially shown to the general public!

Matthew

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0709 seconds