Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Spring in Olmsted Falls, Ohio

Date: 04/26/17 04:14
Spring in Olmsted Falls, Ohio
Author: SDP40F600

Last Sunday was mostly sunny so I spent the day in Olmsted Falls, Ohio, along the Chicago Line of Norfolk Southern in suburban Cleveland. There was a small flowering tree in the park next to the tracks that I tried to work into some of my images. Alas, it was a little too far back from the tracks and the lighting was never ideal for tree and train alike. But that didn't stop me from seeing what I could do with it.

Date: 04/26/17 04:20
Re: Spring in Olmsted Falls, Ohio

Photo 4: Westbound 22K passes a budding tree. That is the former Lake Shore & Michigan Southern (New York Central) depot on the other side of the tracks.

Photo 5: Train 20R needed a motive power transfusion and the 17N was chosen to provide it. The 17N cut its power away from its train and went west to drop off a unit in the Berea siding. The rest of the 17N's power then went back onto its train and left town. The power for the 20R then went west to retrieve the extra locomotive from the siding. The power for 20R is shown running light eastbound back to its train.

Photo 6: I didn't get the symbol on this train, but I did notice that lead unit 7328 appeared to be freshly painted. It is former Union Pacific SD90MAC No. 8263. Behind it are a pair of BNSF units. The train is going east.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/17 04:21 by SDP40F600.

Date: 04/26/17 04:38
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

Last picture is 547...

Posted from Android

Date: 04/26/17 06:02

Thanks for the information. I missed the symbol.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0381 seconds