Home Open Account Help 190 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Harrison, CSX and NS

Date: 04/26/17 10:05
Harrison, CSX and NS
Author: richs

Not to hijack the post about Hunter putting his money where his mouth is, as well as prior posts of his SOP's, I am curious to hear what knowledgeable rail workers and fans of the industry think NS will do differently, if anything with this change in CSX's culture? I must confess I ask this with a favorable bias toward NS going back 35+ years to the N&W and working down in western VA. Thanks for any replies.
RichS

Date: 04/26/17 21:06
Re: Harrison, CSX and NS
Author: JLinDE

I do not think you hi-jacked the other posts. Yours is a very thoughtful question. My immediate response is that NS has to be very relieved that Hunter could not get NS and got CSX. CSX was most vulnerable in the long run, and he could not have both, but I'm sure he would try to get both he is so greedy. I think the reasons he did not get NS is that the company has more corporate pride and even after all the CSX's improvements under Michael Ward the shippers felt NS was still the better railroad; more responsive to the costumer and the public. Now I think NS management will just sit back and watch for a while.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0299 seconds