Home Open Account Help 190 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Last Circus Trains on the NJ area

Date: 04/26/17 19:06
Last Circus Trains on the NJ area
Author: RiverLineProductions

Hi everyone. I looked at schedules and based on what I've read (and what others have told me) it seems the last show opens May 12th and closes May 21st. In addition (this was mentioned in an earlier post I believe) there is another train going south from Upstate New York around May 7th. Would these run through NJ a couple days prior to the shows, and is there a typical time that they might go through? I really hope I can see them before they go away.

Any info much appreciated. Thanks!

Date: 04/27/17 07:23
Re: Last Circus Trains on the NJ area
Author: toledopatch

The upcoming jump from Charleston, WV to Uniondale, NY ought to be timed to go through Penn Station on the night of the 9th, assuming that they're not going to try to dray the circus through to Long Island as was done with the Brooklyn shows last month. (If they're going to do that again, then timing isn't quite as tricky.)

As to the southbound moves following the last Red Unit show in Providence, RI and the last Blue Unit show in Uniondale, those are tougher to call, because some of the equipment is going to be forwarded immediately to purchasers and the remainder of the trains heading back to Florida would be deadhead/unoccupied and not of any particular priority. The route for both sets should include going through New Jersey, but how it will be done, I won't hazard to guess. This thread from yesterday indicates the empty-train moves could occur several days after the respective shows close, rather than immediately: https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,4280765

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/17 19:51 by toledopatch.

Date: 04/28/17 13:07
Author: rbx551985

Both above threads are as accurate as we on the show know as well; Blue Unit's run to Long Island (from West Va.) will make a stop at New Jersey to pick up the Red Unit's generator car; it will be used for extra electrical power while the Blue show plays Uniondale NY -- an yes, we expect an overnight move through Penn Station (Manhattan) and Jamaica Station (on LIRR) into Uniondale.

Date: 04/28/17 19:54
Author: toledopatch

If the Red train is to drop its generator for the Blue in New Jersey, that indicates it will have to leave Providence RI no later than early the morning of the 9th, assuming that it gets reasonable handling from P&W and CSX and that the Blue is planned to go through to LI the night of the 9th.

Alternatively, I suppose arrangements could be made for P&W and CSX to deliver that car to Long Island independent of the rest of the Red Unit train. That would be unusual, but then again what's normal about anything going on with the circus' wind-down?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/17 19:57 by toledopatch.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0297 seconds