Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Just needed to be a N&W locomotive...

Date: 04/27/17 11:27
Just needed to be a N&W locomotive...
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

What I believe to be Wheeling and Lake Erie 224 is seen crossing the former N&W bridge that spans Sugar Creek. This line used to be Norfolk and Western (N&W). Location is just south of Dalton, Ohio. Wish the the second locomotive would have been a black and orange just like the leader. Lot of railfans like the variety of colors though on the Wheeling and Lake Erie. Wheeling seems to be still growing as they put in a new siding just south of Bolivar, Ohio called New Cumberland siding. Corrections welcome. Big thanks to Walt for letting me know that the Wheeling and Lake Erie 6315 sat in Kidron Station, Ohio for a long time. First time catching an eastbound here. 224,228 are usually nocturnal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/17 11:54 by Forever-Railfan-45.

Date: 04/27/17 11:59
Re: Just needed to be a N&W locomotive...
Author: railwaybaron

It could almost be the D&RGW of fond memory...sad.

Date: 04/27/17 12:14
Author: bridgeportsub

Nice looking power whatever color it is.

Randy

Date: 04/27/17 14:18
Author: cornerfieldhobby

Carl, wow, that's a beautiful photo there. Great to see an Ex. N&W bridge still in service. Reminds me of the bridge over Route 44 west Painesville Ohio that still has round emblems with N&W barely seen with a black paint fade over it.

Date: 04/28/17 17:04
Author: arrow611

Would this line have been ex-Nickle Plate prior to merger with N&W in 1964?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0396 seconds