Home Open Account Help 363 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > I&O/CF&E- Running with the G&W Corporate Colors

Date: 04/27/17 18:29
I&O/CF&E- Running with the G&W Corporate Colors
Author: CGTower

The G&W banner was waving today in Lima, Ohio on the former DT&I.

Photo 1: The "LNL" (Lima North Local) makes a set out at the DT&I Ford Park Yard. The three I&O SD40-2's will couple back up to their train and take the remainder of their train south toward Springfield.

Photo 2: A little later in the day, the CF&E transfer run from Cole Street on the former PRR Ft. Wayne Line, pulls south past the NS interchange and searchlight cantilever signal at Morris. The two engines have a very healthy cut of interchange traffic to hand over the the CF&E.

Photo 3: The transfer run crosses the Ottawa River on Lima's east side.

While not quite DT&I "International Orange", the matching locomotives on a regional rail line are welcome additions to the local rail scene.

CG Tower

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/17 18:42 by CGTower.

Date: 04/27/17 19:41
Re: I&O/CF&E- Running with the G&W Corporate Colors
Author: K8DTI

Nice to see orange back in Lima.

Date: 04/28/17 11:19
Author: OldCond

Great photos, thanks for posting! Does the W&LE still run into Lima/Ford Park Yard?

Date: 04/28/17 15:18
Author: bath_wildcat

I seem to remember they do, but its schizo at best.

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 04/29/17 06:18
Author: CGTower

The W&LE will resume grain moves here very soon, those trains run every few weeks with loads east and empties back west. In addition, W&LE ran a rail train east from Lima yesterday.

CG Tower

Date: 04/29/17 11:41
Author: GTWMISteve

The CFE were GTW 6400 series GP40-2s. These were bought brand new by the DTI and numbered in the 400s.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0376 seconds