Home Open Account Help 363 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX (RF&P) Aerials - Part 2

Date: 04/28/17 19:22
CSX (RF&P) Aerials - Part 2
Author: cinder

Southbound Amtrak Regional stops at the Quantico, VA station. The third picture was taken of the train on the Potomac River shore two miles south of Quantico The new third track (not yet in service) is on the river side of the train.

Date: 04/28/17 20:12
Re: CSX (RF&P) Aerials - Part 2
Author: knotch8

Very nice, Cinder. Thanks for taking and posting them.

The only Regional I can think of that has 4 coaches, a food car, then another coach and a baggage on the rear is The Carolinian. I think that the rear coach is the Business Class. Amtrak's website says that the southbound Carolinian is scheduled at Quantico at 11:58 a.m.

Date: 04/28/17 20:41
Author: inCHI

Neat images. So, are they only putting the third track north of the bridge, not over the bridge? I think I made a comment on here back years ago when the new bridge opened that it seemed pitiful to build the new double track bridge then single track because of "lack of funds" knowing that the capacity would be needed and it'll cost more to reconfigure it.

Date: 04/29/17 03:11
Author: cinder

Picture was taken at 12:16 pm so it was the Carolinian. With the cars backed up at the crossing, he had been in the station for a while.

The third track will indeed cross Quantico Creek on the bridge built in 2005-2007 with that purpose in mind. Aerial taken in May 2006

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/17 03:14 by cinder.

Date: 04/29/17 07:50
Author: Lackawanna484

Thanks for the pictures.

From prior experience, I've observed that Amtrak conductors usually scan tickets on the platform at Quantico, and only open just one door. In several observations, I've seen two doors open just once or twice.

(Quantico passengers include both longer haul travelers to NY / Carolinas / Williamsburg, etc and short haul VRE passengers to stations where Amtrak doesn't stop. And, not all VRE tickets are accepted on Amtrak.)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0413 seconds