Home Open Account Help 253 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Florida Central Railroad

Date: 04/29/17 09:01
Florida Central Railroad
Author: irhoghead

Looking for info. on this railroad if anyone knows. Hoping to find what days/nights they work, where operations are out of, etc. What do they use for power these days? Thank you.

Date: 04/29/17 09:17
Re: Florida Central Railroad
Author: Ohiorailfan

I found one of their GP7s in Winter Haven near the airport. Then one of the CF7's and another GP7 in Ocala in downtown

Posted from Android

Date: 04/29/17 10:26
Author: calsubd

Florida Central is owned / run by Pinsly Rail IIRC, http://www.pinsly.com/services-solutions/florida-central-midland-and-northern-railroads/

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/17 10:29 by calsubd.

Date: 04/29/17 20:33
Author: bobgfla

there shop is in Plymouth fl north of Orlando off of 441 by were 429 stops and go's onto 441.. there is a road just south of 429 overpass with light you can look down in shop from road 2 GP's were there last Tuesday 1 in c n paint

Date: 05/01/17 14:54
Author: superchief1944

The isolated line from the CSX connection at the Winter Haven Amtrak station south to the Bartow airport industrial park appears to run most every week-day (can't speak for week-ends). The crew picks up the CSX inbounds typically late morning, before lunch and heads back south. I can't speak to when they head north from Bartow. In between the two points is the tank car terminal and I figure they work that most every day as well. If I wanted to "be sure", I'd probably head to the Bartow airport after breakfast and play it by ear after that.

They also have been delivering tremendous quantities of natural gas pipe for a line being built east across Florida. The pipe is big stuff - full carload length and probably 4-5 feet in diameter. They had been bringing in solid trainloads to end of track in West Lake Wales and when I was there a few months ago there were acres and acres of big pipe awaiting transport by truck to installation sites. I don't know anything about whether they are still moving pipe of if they are done. Note that this is a different line from the one from Winter Haven.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0311 seconds