Home Open Account Help 246 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Pittsburgh Line-Busy Evening

Date: 05/20/17 20:32
Pittsburgh Line-Busy Evening
Author: nkp746

This evening I decided to hang out at Conpit on the Pittsburgh Line. Earlier I had caught three trains on the Conemaugh, and a few on the Pittsburgh line as well. Traffic seemed light, but that changed after 5:30pm. From then until 9pm a total of 20 trains ran, more than I have ever seen- on any line- in a 3.5 hr period. Here is a synopsis: (I am very bad at writing symbols. I think I will remember, but never do, especially with this number of trains!)

8 EB Intermodals
3 WB Intermodals
2 EB loaded coal trains
2 WB Manifests (inc. 19G w/ S&A unit)
1 WB Amtrak 07T, #43 (~35 mins late)
1 WB Tank train
1 WB Autorack (11G?)
1 EB Manifest (14G)
1 WB Ballast train (932-I think. It had an even number, but was WB)

I am not overly familiar with the PITL, so don't know if this is typical for a Saturday evening. But it was an enjoyable evening for sure.

Here is a video of the last train of the evening, right at 9pm. EB coal off the Conemaugh. I was shooting at ISO 4000, 1/60 f2.8.

Rob Bennett
Fairview, PA

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/21/17 07:07
Re: Pittsburgh Line-Busy Evening
Author: bluesboyst

One of my favorite places....nice and peaceful there too....Had many a beers there while watching trains. If you just step off the road into the woods...Homeland Security would never find your.. never....

Date: 05/21/17 13:23
Re: Pittsburgh Line-Busy Evening
Author: ns1000

The WB autorack was probably 11J...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0315 seconds