Home Open Account Help 258 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Is the Safetrans Color Position Light at Keystone WV still there?

Date: 05/26/17 09:45
Is the Safetrans Color Position Light at Keystone WV still there?
Author: tq-07fan

Also if it is still there for how long? Google car link.
https://www.google.com/maps/@37.4159314,-81.4445929,3a,44.4y,253.96h,93.78t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPA8kzywxhr2waM8gHBZdmg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

This is a modern Safetrans CPL in N & W configuration right along US 52. I cannot remember if I ever took a picture of it. Wondering if anyone knows if it is still there? Kinda determine if a trip is needed as most of the CPLs have been replaced or are about to go on the Pokey.

Jim

Date: 05/26/17 11:21
Re: Is the Safetrans Color Position Light at Keystone WV still th
Author: msullivan1993

All the CPL's east of Welch to Bluefield have been removed to my knowledge. Welch to Williamson is due to be cut in the next week or two if it hasn't already.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/27/17 09:15

Thank you for the reply. I ended up working both my offdays this week and ended up not getting my requested vacation day today so no trip back to West Virginia this weekend. Sad to see the CPLs go but they lived a long life.

Jim

Date: 05/27/17 11:28
Author: highgreengraphics

Those Safetran-mounted CPL's were quite a neat anomaly. I made it a point to get that one, another somewhere else and the one in Roanoke. You'd never think they would mount a signal design that old atop a Safetran-type mast! === === = === JLH

Date: 05/27/17 18:33

I did get the ones in Roanoke. This one in Keystone was seen at least twice on the way back to Ohio from a Day Trip all the way to Bluefield. Dark, late and both my friend and I being tired said we'd have to get to to it during the day the next time...

Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.031 seconds