Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Some info on an interlocking on the NS Pittsburgh Line

Date: 06/18/17 12:38
Some info on an interlocking on the NS Pittsburgh Line
Author: CR6377

I would like to know when CP Hawstone, which is east of Lewistown PA. I do know the interlocking was not there in 1985. Since it wasn't. The WB signalbridge had to be reused from another location. If anyone has info on this. I would like to know. I shot a few night exposures of a few westbounds there last night. With new signals behind the current structure. I would say next year. The old ones will not be standing. Thanks for any help.

Date: 06/18/17 13:24
Re: Some info on an interlocking on the NS Pittsburgh Line
Author: onblock

CP Hawstone was constructed and placed into service in 1985. I was told that the signal bridge was reused from a location somewhere to the west; if I was told of the exact location then I can't remember it now. Spruce Creek or Petersburg are possible donors. I have a slide dated August 10, 1985 of the signal bridge loaded on flat car JTTX 913501 and resting in Mifflin Yard.

Date: 06/18/17 14:16
Author: Englewood

I like pictures showing the signal at both Proceed and Stop.
Very good!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/17 14:17 by Englewood.

Date: 06/18/17 14:23
Author: ns1000

Very nice..!!

Date: 06/18/17 14:38
Author: CR6377

Thank you for the info Onblock. Now I will look into this further. Could you upload a photo of the slide of the signalbridge that you mentioned by chance? Thanks everyone for the comments everyone.

Date: 07/07/17 21:29
Author: onblock

Unfortunately, the background clutters up the view of the load, but here is the signal bridge resting in Mifflin PA.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.038 seconds