Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CNO&TP Questions

Date: 06/24/17 09:37
CNO&TP Questions
Author: UP844

What trains run on the CNO&TP district ? Also where is the best place to stay to watch trains for a night from the CNO&TP District ? It needs to be right off of I-75 . Also where are Crew change points for the CNO&TP District ? Thanks so much

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/24/17 11:12
Re: CNO&TP Questions
Author: toledopatch

The only place I can recall where you're right off I-75 with lodging and very close to the CNOTP is in Georgetown, Kentucky.

There also is good lodging near the railroad in other locations, including Emory Gap, TN (off I-40) and Somerset, KY (along US-27). Crew change on the CNOTP now is at Burnside, KY, which is a few miles south of Somerset.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/17 11:13 by toledopatch.

Date: 06/24/17 13:37
Author: Rathole

Well as Toledopatch said, I75 is not really close to the CNOTP for the most part. Somerset is about 45-50 minutes west of I75 on Ky Hwy 80, and if you're looking to hang out at a crew change location, then you need to be at Burnside. You can park right across the street from the depot on the west side of the tracks and see plenty.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/17 15:05 by Rathole.

Date: 06/24/17 19:47
Author: K8DTI

Crescent Springs, Kentucky is right on Erlanger Hill (pusher district) and has lodging in close proximity to the tracks. No shortage of traffic either.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0288 seconds