Home Open Account Help 286 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Tampa, FL Friday

Date: 07/21/17 09:10
Tampa, FL Friday
Author: thegottfather

After leaving my morning hockey skate, I decided I would let traffic die down a bit and sit over at 78th St for a while. As I pulled up to the crossing Q442 to Waycross was leaving. I didn't grab a shot as the unit were a few miles down the line already and the end of the train was heading out of sight. I waited about 20 minutes before a westbound unit train came through heading for the bypass and Palmetto Sub (picture 1). The trains do move pretty well on the bypass as this was doing at least 30 mph.

As soon as the train disappeared under the Orient Rd overpass, a single engine led a local out of the yard and towards Plant City with a mix of reefers, open top hoppers and boxes (Picture 2). The local got to the end of the leads at the US 301 bridge and held for a red signal. This usually happens while they do a last once-over and head east, but today they were waiting for another westbound unit train. This one was open top hoppers with some rock heading down the bypass (Picture 3).

More to come...

Date: 07/21/17 09:16
Re: Tampa, FL Friday

As I headed home, I caught a short local crossing Adamo Dr and heading for the Port of Tampa. I jumped ahead of it and beat him to the Hemlock Rd crossing near the Kinder Morgan pipeline. Unfortunately, due to some traffic on the road, I was only able to get this long shot down the Port lead (Picture 4 NOTE: on Google Maps, this shows as Holster Yard which would be to my right).

I cut through Ybor to head home and caught the TECO streetcars coming out to start their day as well. (Pictures 5&6). While they don't go very far, people do seem to enjoy the ride.

One more after the break...

Date: 07/21/17 09:20
Re: Tampa, FL Friday

Finally, I got back on the road home and passed by TN Tower. It looks as though CSX is putting a new signal here to control the diamond of the two lines (Picture 7). One heads west to Union Station, street running tracks through downtown and eventually South Tampa. The other track runs north to Busch Blvd where it splits with lines going north to the Yuengling plant and Brooksville and one going west to the Drew Park auto ramp and eventually Clearwater/St. Petersburg. I'm looking south down the Brooksville/Clearwater line.

Thanks for looking.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0498 seconds