Home Open Account Help 380 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Ambient Trackside Sounds-Stereo-"Live' Stream 24/7-not a scanner

Date: 07/25/17 14:34
Ambient Trackside Sounds-Stereo-"Live' Stream 24/7-not a scanner
Author: northernilrailfan

(Part Two) Audio (second 9 min of 18 min total) at bottom-

July 24. 2017- Summer is in full flower in rural Northern Illinois and my "Place By The Tracks" real ambient sound stream has never been more interesting to listen in to! Along with many freights and 8 daily Amtrak trains on the busy two track main, we are able to hear distant interchange traffic of the Illinois Railnet. Often using whistle commands while switching cars, the almost daily turn features a classic EMD GP locomotives. Crop dusters are busy over the farm fields, and Cicadas, Mourning Doves, with occasional close-by songbirds and Hummingbirds sing by day. Crickets, toads and nocturnal sounds by night and the occasional clap of thunder and rain all add to the Stereo "Live" 24/7 Audio Stream. Click on the link to a web page I've put together; http://aplacebythetracks.webs.com/ under The Audio Links- there are two STEREO streams; on with Mobile App option and another for your favorite media Player.

Here is the body of an older post with some descriptions and particulars;

Just over a year has passed since I started this project; capturing audio of busy double track Class 1 railroading in rural Northern Illinois, and streaming it as a sleep aid, background sounds for work and club layouts/hobby stores or simply to relive an old family home that was near the tracks. With some professional radio broadcast software managing the audio, I never repeat a sequence of grade crossings and ambient weather/nature sounds. Both play separately (and with the addition of thunderstorm sounds added "on the fly" from the same location when weather occurs), and all from dozens of hours of captured audio that is on-going with new files added weekly. All audio is from the same abandoned farm near 3 crossings and within earshot of an Amtrak stop. Rain, crickets, peep-toads, geese, songbirds and a few distant farm vehicles or traffic is audible along with passing trains every 30 minutes or so. I have the same original "raw" feed from my server at; http://myradiostream.com/aplacebythetracks but also a stream via tunein.com that allows mobile apps; http://tunein.com/radio/A-Place-By-The-Tracks-s266757/. Note that the tunein stream sometimes includes a 30 second ad before my stream starts, but I average 10-12 hours before the stream "times out" or I have to refresh. It gets me nicely through a night's sleep! All loud sounds are edited out and the stream is treated with minimal real-time audio compression to keep the levels stable. No pop-ups or surprises and with over 200 listeners from all over the world; Brazil, Russia and England being top hour-long visitors. It's all free and I pay for a $5 a month premium stream to maintain a 24/7 feed. All best, Mark

Audio was captured "Live" from the 24/7 Stereo stream. Accompanying video is NOT intended to match the sound, just my own "slide show" of stills and DVD grabs to allow something to look at; Also screen shots of the Player and Webpage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/17 14:54 by northernilrailfan.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0545 seconds