Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Rail Transports - Getting Run Off the Road.

Date: 07/27/17 19:09
Rail Transports - Getting Run Off the Road.
Author: Thoroughbred-Ed

http://realmoney.thestreet.com/articles/07/26/2017/cramer-transports-getting-run-road?puc=cnnmoneyp&cm_ven=CNNMONEYP

Link does not work as of 7-29-17

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/17 04:05 by Thoroughbred-Ed.

Date: 07/27/17 19:49
Re: Rail Transports - Getting Run Off the Road.
Author: bradleymckay

If you look at the slides in UP's 2nd quarter earnings report you'll notice UP is "predicting" a flat 3rd quarter compared to 2016. I get the feeling they have some idea as to why but do they really know for sure?

Lower auto traffic volumes are a given for all the major carriers with maybe the exception of KCS (KCSdeMexico moving more vehicles built in Mexico). UP has grain and international marine container traffic as question marks for the 3rd quarter, but UP has been busy moving lots of marine containers between So Cal and Global 4 within the past month, a bit of a surprise. And their So Cal - Dallas market is very strong. But grain traffic has softened some recently, though I think it will rebound in the 4th quarter.

Allen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/17 19:51 by bradleymckay.

Date: 07/28/17 06:37
Re: Rail Transports - Getting Run Off the Road.
Author: icancmp193

Yes, despite the excellent NS financial report, many transportation stocks took a big hit yesterday, including my own NS.

TJY

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0291 seconds