Home Open Account Help 234 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Dumping ballast on the Grand Elk Railroad.

Date: 08/17/17 03:09
Dumping ballast on the Grand Elk Railroad.
Author: Ron

I never had any desire to work for the Track Department. This video will give you a clue about why! This is hard work, especially during the hot summer months.

Just by chance I was able to catch the WAMX 4189 on Wednesday afternoon. This location is a couple of miles south of the small town of Schoolcraft, Michigan, where the Elk crosses the CN South Bend Subdivision. You might be able to catch a glimpse of a signal on the other side of the train. This is the distance signal for the CN Diamond at Schoolcraft.

Dumping ballast on the Grand Elk Railroad.
WAMX 4189, Wednesday, August 16, 2017, at about 5:40 PM. At West YZ Avenue - MP 38.52 Grand Elk Railroad Kalamazoo Branch, Schoolcraft, Michigan.

The original video was about 7 minutes in length. I think I did a decent job of editing down, although there are a few erratic moves of the camera as the gang moves past my location.

Ron

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/17/17 06:03
Re: Dumping ballast on the Grand Elk Railroad.
Author: bert14

Breathing that dust all day?
Worse than a coal mine?

Date: 08/17/17 17:10
Author: chico

LOL love the WSOR unit working where I used to live. I now live in WSOR territory.

In fact, on Watco's WI property back in Nov 2010, the same thing was going on. It was not hot, but it was dusty.

Chico

Date: 08/18/17 06:11
Author: retcsxcfm

The road bed looks fine.I don't think they need
the extra ballast.

Uncle Joe
Seffner,Fl.

Date: 08/18/17 06:36
Author: colehour

That does look like a tough job. A couple of years ago I saw a Herzog ballast train doing the same thing, only it was automated. Pretty amazing!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0452 seconds