Home Open Account Help 374 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSXT / NS Performance Question

Date: 09/15/17 17:08
CSXT / NS Performance Question
Author: PRR_4859

Good Evening:

Has yard congestion issues improved on CSXT over the last few weeks? If not, where are the problem areas? I am not trying to start arguments. I ask only out of curiousity as I have not read anything lately about CSXT performance. It is much more difficult to compare numbers since they stopped reporting to the AAR.

Also, have NS yard congestion improved around Birmingham and Chattanooga? Any issues at other locations?

Thank you in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/17 17:09 by PRR_4859.

Date: 09/16/17 15:37
Re: CSXT / NS Performance Question
Author: engineerinvirginia

No news is good news so they say, so I think things might be getting better on CSX. With a few humps opened back up and humping, that does help our fluidity a good deal. This is the kind of railroad we are. Lots of manifest and many places for it to go. Can't switch it once and expect it will get where it needs to be.

Date: 09/17/17 17:01
Author: JLinDE

From what I see, and know in my area obtuse circuity has been introduced by EHH probably to keep hump counts high at Selkirk because closing it was not possible. Circuity means higher operating costs and less profit. If you try to increase rates to cover the circuity, you can loose traffic. I hope to provide some comparisons on this format, but it might take another week before I can. Right now must watch PBS on a subject that is very close to me.

Date: 09/18/17 06:19
Author: NYC6001

engineerinvirginia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No news is good news so they say, so I think
> things might be getting better on CSX. With a few
> humps opened back up and humping, that does help
> our fluidity a good deal. This is the kind of
> railroad we are. Lots of manifest and many places
> for it to go. Can't switch it once and expect it
> will get where it needs to be.

I hope he opens up a few more humps. You are right. Most cars can't be switched once or twice and get even close to where they need to be.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1531 seconds