Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Sorry Dunkin' Donuts, but It's Time to Load the Coal...

Date: 11/19/17 15:00
Sorry Dunkin' Donuts, but It's Time to Load the Coal...
Author: NSTopHat

While I spent yesterday chasing CRR #800, I had stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Norton, VA on Friday on my way up from Atlanta. While not anywhere near peak levels of years past, coal from these parts is making a comeback from the all-time lows of recent years. On Friday evening I stopped by Paramount Coal's Tom's Creek Prep plant just north of Coeburn, VA to find that the plant was prepping to load a train. When I headed north to the Clinchfield at O-Dark thirty Saturday morning, NS had moved an MTY train and a cab to the load out. The power was tied to the train and parked in the dark, so a show was not possible, however, I did manage to get enough light to shoot a former N&W C31P cab waiting for a new crew, the loader man and some daylight to start loading.

Photo #1 - Ground Storage for some of Wise County VA's finest

Photo #2 - The lights are on, it's time to load the coal!

Photo #3 - NS #555596 C31P Cab sits in wait for a crew, a loader man and a shove past the loader.

Russ

Date: 11/19/17 15:40
Re: Sorry Dunkin' Donuts, but It's Time to Load the Coal...
Author: refarkas

Great available-light night photos.
Thanks for sharing these.
Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0539 seconds