Home Open Account Help 247 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX symbol question

Date: 11/19/17 21:24
CSX symbol question
Author: WM_1109

Q371 Philadelphia, PA to Cumberland, MD
Q372 Cumberland, MD to Philadelphia, PA
(1) are these the correct origin/destinations?
(2) any idea as to how long that's been the case?
-Ted

Date: 11/20/17 04:48
Re: CSX symbol question
Author: calsubd

according to wiki, yes on origin and destination, no idea for how long though
Q371 Philadelphia, PA Cumberland, MD
Q372 Cumberland, MD Philadelphia, PA Daily

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 11/20/17 05:31
Author: toledopatch

I wouldn't be very confident about anything on wiki being current these days, because symbols on CSX have been changing rapidly under "Precision Scheduled Railroading".

Date: 11/20/17 10:27
Author: calsubd

I'm not saying its up to the minute but it does get updated , just saying , Ed

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 11/20/17 11:10
Author: WM_1109

Thanks for the replies. I rely on the wiki page myself, but I think Q371/372 were recently updated to reflect Cumberland/Philadelphia. Here's the problem--I have several photos taken earlier this year, and my photo notes show Q371 as Selkirk-Columbus and Q372 as E. St. Louis/UP-Selkirk. I assume I had obtained that info from the wiki page as well.

Actually the Cumberland/Philadelphia pairing makes much more sense, because both of these trains would consistently pass my neighborhood (White Marsh, MD, on the west end of the Philadelphia Sub, just northeast of Baltimore) the same date as the date of departure (as reflected in the specific train ID). That, of course, is possible with a Cumberland or Philadelphia origin, but certainly not with an E. St. Louis or Selkirk origin.
-Ted

Date: 11/20/17 21:17
Author: JLinDE

The q371/372 Philly-Cumb started mid August 2017. Was a result of EHH's 'PSR' plan to run traffic that used to go direct via Cumberland changed to way out of route via Selkirk. It is a late afternoon train here; saw it today. West of here it is strictly a Cumb and Brooklyn Jct train; no thru cars over Sand Patch west; they go to Selkirk now for 3 months. Train is only average size, even small some days, and heavy on propane, crude oil tanks and centerbeam flats. Q372 is opposite. Both probably work Balto and Brunswick too.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0323 seconds