Home Open Account Help 276 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > More CSX North End Q-train changes.

Date: 11/20/17 06:55
More CSX North End Q-train changes.
Author: Totallamer

438 and 439 are being changed to originate/terminate at Collier now, respectively. 300 will set off Selkirks at Collier and 301 will pick up Rocky Mounts at Collier. 415 and 416 will now be picking up/setting off respectively at Weldon instead of the 301/300.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/17 06:56 by Totallamer.

Date: 11/20/17 07:34
Re: More CSX North End Q-train changes.
Author: inCHI

Weldon has space to do setoffs and pickups? I didn't realize there was a yard there.

Date: 11/20/17 07:49

inCHI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Weldon has space to do setoffs and pickups? I
> didn't realize there was a yard there.

There's always been pickups and setoffs there. It's for the paper mill in Roanoke Rapids. Setoffs are done on the north end of the "New Track" and pickups are done from the south end. Despite the name the "New Track" isn't new. Old Weldon Yard is still there too... kinda. But it's mostly ruins. Before this new change, the 301 picked up on its way to Rocky Mount and the 300 setoff on its way to Richmond. Before that the 781/782 picked up and setoff on its route between Rocky Mount and Portsmouth.

Date: 11/20/17 07:51
Author: inCHI

Thanks for the explanation, looking closer now I see what you are talking about.

Date: 11/20/17 07:55

inCHI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the explanation, looking closer now I
> see what you are talking about.

You'll see big coal cuts in there occasionally too... again, for the paper mill. A unit coal train will come down from Richmond, run around his train and leave ~25 cars in the New Track while taking the rest of the train down the spur to the yard in Roanoke Rapids.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds