Home Open Account Help 272 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Some csx route changes...

Date: 11/20/17 13:57
Some csx route changes...
Author: RiverLineProductions

CSX has recently been running Q008 from Rose Lake all the way to Little Ferry instead of terminating at Syracuse. Been doing it for about a week now, and Q010 now terminates at North Bergen. Also, Q438/439 have been originating and terminating at Collier, VA the last couple of days. Q620/621 is also now extended to its old Montrael - Selkirk routing. Finally, the last two weekends Q157, a previously abolished train, has been running Port Newark to Bedford Park. Not running weekdays though.

If anyone has any further info on these changes feel free to post...

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/17 13:58 by RiverLineProductions.

Date: 11/20/17 14:12
Re: Some csx route changes...
Author: Lackawanna484

It would be interesting to know how much transloading is avoided with these changes. How many boxes went on from Syracuse to NJ, for example?

Posted from Android

Date: 11/20/17 14:20

Not sure the exact amount on average, but the Q008 when it hit a car a few days ago had 22 cars according to the news

Date: 11/20/17 15:32
Author: Northern

RiverLineProductions Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CSX has recently been running Q008 from Rose Lake
> all the way to Little Ferry instead of terminating
> at Syracuse. Been doing it for about a week now,
> and Q010 now terminates at North Bergen. Also,
> Q438/439 have been originating and terminating at
> Collier, VA the last couple of days. Q620/621 is
> also now extended to its old Montrael - Selkirk
> routing. Finally, the last two weekends Q157, a
> previously abolished train, has been running Port
> Newark to Bedford Park. Not running weekdays
> though.
>
> If anyone has any further info on these changes
> feel free to post...
>
> Posted from iPhone
Where is Rose Lake? Where does the Q010 start? Where is the other end of the Q438/439 pair? Is CSX giving the Montreal line another try and does it carry manifest freight and containers to the Valleyfield intermodal yard? Does the Q157 run via the NYC across NYC Selkirk or via B&O Pittsburgh/Sand Patch routing?

Date: 11/20/17 15:39
Author: IC1038west

Northern Wrote:

> Where is Rose Lake?

East St Louis on the former Pennsy line.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/17 15:41 by IC1038west.

Date: 11/20/17 16:01

Q010 originated in Bedford Park, Q620/621 have been running the line to Montreal for the duration of EHH but have just recently been extended south of Syracuse to Selkirk. Q157 operates via the water level route. Q438/439s other end is Selkirk

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/17 16:01 by RiverLineProductions.

Date: 11/20/17 16:03
Author: Northern

Hopefully a complete list of all trains will be forthcoming once all of the changes are complete.

Date: 11/20/17 16:25
Author: Lackawanna484

There used to be a fleet of sb CSX trains on the River Line at Mine Dock Park (Highland Falls NY) in the early morning. Two intermodals, a merchandise train, sometimes an oil or ethanol train bringing up the rear. Lots of UPS.

One of the intermodals had dropped a Boston cut at Selkirk, don't recall the numbers.

Date: 11/20/17 20:52
Author: JLinDE

Q438/439 which were Selkirk to Rocky Mount and Q409/410 Selkirk to Waycross are usually early AM trains here in the dark now. But things were not so 'precise' this weekend and I saw a 438 and a 439. It they are terminating at Collier wonder why they are not handling the Waverly, VA Waste Management green trash cons. Also saw two 409's and a 410 in daylight all 165-178 cars. 409 had trash but the 410 none. It is futile to hope for a good list of CSX trains now; it changes all the time. The more I see, the more I am convinced even from my low-level management experience that EHH is in over his head running CSX. I've never heard of him yet viewing his railroad lines and facilities, except maybe those in Florida.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.053 seconds