Home Open Account Help 202 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Browns Yard (CRSAO) Santa Train (w/video)

Date: 12/10/17 19:19
Browns Yard (CRSAO) Santa Train (w/video)
Author: OCtrainguy

Yesterday was the annual Browns Yard (Conrail Shared Assets) Santa Train. The train, in which Conrail employees and their families donate their time for, originates at Browns Yard in Old Bridge, NJ. The train heads west to Jamesburg and the Amboy Secondary (original Camden & Amboy line) and then heads east to Freehold. This is former PRR trackage. In Freehold, the Freehold PBA teams up with Conrail to hand out goodies for the children waiting to see Santa while in Jamesburg (the second stop) it is the Jamesburg Fire Department. This is the 28th overall running of the train, with this being the 20th for the run to Freehold. To me, the snow made it more fitting for Santa. Onto the photos on the eastbound run.

1. Passing through Englishtown
2. Through Tenant
3. On the eastern end of Monmouth Battlefield and approaching Freehold

More to follow..

Date: 12/10/17 19:24
Re: Browns Yard (CRSAO) Santa Train (w/video)

Continuing the photos...

4. The train has arrived in Freehold. I love the snow on the wreath...
5. CSX GP40-2 4405 all decorated for the event
6. The man of the hour, Santa. It was a challenge to get a quick photo of just him.

A few more photos and some videos to follow..

Date: 12/10/17 19:33

One last photo and two videos here...

7. While the weather may have shortened the usual crowd, it was still crowded around Santa
8. Video of the train passing through Englishtown
9. Video of the train approaching the border of Freehold, the zoom made the train look a bit closer to the camera than it actually was.

Two more to share.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/10/17 19:39

Last two videos..

10. Santa's arrival in Freehold
11. Heading west through a quiet and snowy Monmouth Battlefield State Park

It was a good day and a rewarding one as I helped a family with a small child who happened to see the train by telling them where it was headed and that Santa would be there. I remembered when my kids were that young and excited! They are 11 and 18 now so I went alone though my son would've joined me for the photo adventure but he is at college. Anyway, hope you enjoy!

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/10/17 21:21
Author: krm152

Thanks for posting the great photos and videos as well as the comprehensive narrative that brought everything together.
ALLEN

Date: 12/11/17 07:42
Author: 4400horsepower

Great show, Thanks for taking the time to share with all of us here on TO. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas. Looks like everybody was having a good time.

Brian
Burlington, Iowa

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0471 seconds