Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A very long Q455 with UP leader and K888 with BNSF

Date: 02/09/18 16:54
A very long Q455 with UP leader and K888 with BNSF
Author: RFandPFan

Q455 which has been changed to a Waycross, GA - Jacksonville, FL - Waycross turn job is northbound at Folkston with 236 cars. Followed by a southbound K888 Molten Sulfur train last night.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 02/09/18 17:04
Re: A very long Q455 with UP leader and K888 with BNSF
Author: Tominde

Nice video. I like the supplemental titles (former Amtrak MTH cars). I would have thought that molten sulfur trains require buffer. The BNSF engine has a great sounding horn.

Date: 02/11/18 19:40
Author: JLinDE

there is no way to prove q455 had 236 cars without shooting the whole train, or even be able to estimate it's total length in car lengths or footage. If you know a train is that big, shoot the whole thing please. Many times the cars in the train are more interesting than the locos. Just leave the camera on, focused in one direction, without trying o be artistic. With the digital technology today, versus 10 years ago and certainly 50 years, it is simpler to just let it run and post the whole thing, or if it is an average size boring train do not post anything or delete it....................

Date: 02/12/18 04:48
Author: RFandPFan

JLinDE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> there is no way to prove q455 had 236 cars without
> shooting the whole train, or even be able to
> estimate it's total length in car lengths or
> footage. If you know a train is that big, shoot
> the whole thing please. Many times the cars in the
> train are more interesting than the locos. Just
> leave the camera on, focused in one direction,
> without trying o be artistic. With the digital
> technology today, versus 10 years ago and
> certainly 50 years, it is simpler to just let it
> run and post the whole thing, or if it is an
> average size boring train do not post anything or
> delete it....................

First off, I shoot videos for my own pleasure as part of this hobby, not to please you. As far as your artistic crack, I try to provide information for the viewer and as an archive record. I also will post or not post whatever I desire, Many folks on here have commented on how they enjoy my videos, clearly you aren't one of them.

As far as the car count and length, you seem to think you know it all, however, you clearly don't. There are nearby defect detectors that I monitor and write down the information for my captions. They provide axle count and length. By subtracting the locomotive axles I get the car count.

For the record, I've followed many of your posts and find them informative, I would never have sent you a reply as critical as yours.

Please feel free not to watch my videos if they do not meet your standards.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/18 04:56 by RFandPFan.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0524 seconds