Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > The Signal Bridge At CP Taylor

Date: 04/24/18 04:06
The Signal Bridge At CP Taylor
Author: NSSpike

This is a follow up post to: https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,4520982

Most of you will recall about four weeks ago NS 290 (MCCALLA, AL - CROXTON, NJ) crashed into an 18 wheeler flat bed that was stuck on the tracks at the Ringer Crossroads grade crossing just east of Temple Georgia on the Alabama East End District. The video of this collision at this grade crossing can be found doing a search "Temple Georgia Train Accident"

As a result of the accident the east bound signal bridge was wiped out. Late that Saturday evening NS crews had installed dwarf signals on both the mainline and siding tracks and east bound traffic had to stop and get permission to proceed from the dispatcher. By Sunday mid-morning NS signal crews began installing two signal masts for east bound traffic.

Recently I had heard from two reliable sources that NS will be re-installing the over head signal bridge at this location.
Below are a few photos from that location.

#1. East bound signals at CP Taylor

#2. Temporary dwarf signals

#3. Signal maintainers begin to install temporary mast signals.

….more to follow...

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

Date: 04/24/18 04:08
Re: The Signal Bridge At CP Taylor
Author: NSSpike

#4. The temporary signals installed at CP Taylor.

#5. One of our favorite photo locations for west bound moves especially in the afternoons. Last train I caught there with the signal bridge still in place was NS A25 (DOUGLASVILLE, GA. - MUSCADINE, AL. Turn) taking T&S #26 MOW cars and equipment west bound back on February 16, 2018.

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

Date: 04/24/18 04:46
Author: CFI_85

Thanks for the update Phil. Looking forward to the new installation.

Date: 04/24/18 05:28
Author: richs

Great series...again. I feel like I'm there without driving 600 miles.
Rich S

Date: 04/24/18 17:27
Author: UPDetector

I see in terms of installing that 6901's tailend engineer side numberboard needs a reinstalling lol

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0456 seconds