Home Open Account Help 305 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS has had 3 Derailments in Norris Yard this week

Date: 05/20/18 07:57
NS has had 3 Derailments in Norris Yard this week
Author: AC6000CW_Fan

FYI ... that explains why they have 4 153’s tied down , 1 has 2,SD70’s , 1 has NS 4004 Leading, that should be between Chamblee & Atlanta. The 153 with 4004 has been tied down in Sugar hill for the past week . Also they ran a 340 with KCS to Linwood a few days ago and they ran a terminal overflow train from Linwood to New Oreleans with a UP Leading 2 NS’s . I believe it had 136 cars . However I think it may of worked Norris Yard .

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/18 08:01 by AC6000CW_Fan.

Date: 05/20/18 10:43
Re: NS has had 3 Derailments in Norris Yard this week
Author: DirtyShirt

Oh, so the derailments can be their excuse this week.

I bet the terminal overflow train you mentioned was the 105 that ran south out of Linwood Friday. I think they make up one-off symbols like that to disguise trains that have been languishing in the yards too long. I bet somehow it games the metrics system they are obsessed with.

My buddies and I have counted at least 12 dead trains on the mainline between Charlotte, NC and Hurt, VA today. Oh well, just another day on the Piedmont Division.

Date: 05/20/18 10:46
Author: tomstp

You wonder how that keeps the O R down. And, how many shippers they have pissed off. One tied down for a week ! Geeeeeeessssssssssseeeee.

Date: 05/20/18 12:08
Author: steamloco

I am glad 340 is gone, been blocking a busy crossing in Easley SC all last week with no way around for anything over 9 foot tall and that’s a one lane 90 degree blind curve undercut. There will be a fire or some emergency one day and the fire truck won’t be able to get across the tracks in time and they will have wished they cut it at the crossing. The kids coming home from school crawl over couplers or under the train to get across the road. People aren’t walking around a 150 to 200 car train. Usually a 154 is blocking it a few times a week but the problem is NS’s mainline is basically single track through the Carolina’s and Georgia.

Date: 05/20/18 21:49
Author: OldHeadRailroader

LMAO

Posted from Android

Date: 05/21/18 06:23
Author: matts15487

steamloco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
This is where the Feds need to step in, tough to blame the kids when the rr blocks a crossing that long.

> I am glad 340 is gone, been blocking a busy
> crossing in Easley SC all last week with no way
> around for anything over 9 foot tall and that’s
> a one lane 90 degree blind curve undercut. There
> will be a fire or some emergency one day and the
> fire truck won’t be able to get across the
> tracks in time and they will have wished they cut
> it at the crossing. The kids coming home from
> school crawl over couplers or under the train to
> get across the road. People aren’t walking
> around a 150 to 200 car train. Usually a 154 is
> blocking it a few times a week but the problem is
> NS’s mainline is basically single track through
> the Carolina’s and Georgia.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0447 seconds