Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A few Atlanta area trains from today.

Date: 06/14/18 16:37
A few Atlanta area trains from today.
Author: ns2557

Well, Winding up my weeks vacation down here in the Atlanta Ga area. Today is our last day here. Head out sometime tomorrow. My wife and I had a great time down here. Visited with some friends, met some old friends and new friends. Went to TVRM in Chattanooga in the rain yesterday, stopped at Tunnel Hil on the W&A in North Georgia and spent today just fa#@in around here in Atlanta. We managed a few good ones throughout the day. Here are some from today and one yesterday.

Shot.1 Caught a heads up on the FEC SD70M-2 106 leading NS Trn 361 south. Didn't quite make it to where we were trying to get to. Traffic didn't cooperate too much. But we did manage a shot down near the East Point Marta Station. Here is 361 with FEC 106 and NS 8458 at CP Tilman. Crew went Dead here and yard crew came out to pull it into yard. Saw this one, the FEC 106 at Chattanooga yesterday, thought that would be my only sighting of any of these. Things went well.

Shot 2. We went over to Forrest Park to get something to eat at Zesto's. First time here at this place. Not to bad I must say. But our purpose really was to try and catch some of the NS GP33ECO Sets that work down the Griffin Line on the old CoG. Here is NS RP-4MC 656 with NS GP33ECO 4716 on the GE05 local coming off the Farmers Market Lead down this way.Train is about to shove back into Forrest Park Yard after getiing the ok to get back onto the Griffin District to do so.

Shot 3. We were heading over to my friends parents home to deliver some medicine for a sick dog and caught this one at Union City Ga on the AW&P down here. CSX GP40-2 6456 leads CSX GP35RS 2207 and CSX C40-9W 9037 on a solid Rail Train. Train is going to shove entire train back into South Fairburn Yard when they get down that far.

One more shot for ya'll to folow. TFL so far. Ben

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/18 17:05 by ns2557.

Date: 06/14/18 16:45
Re: A few Atlanta area trains from today.

Here is the last one for this post. This one is from yesterday up in Tunnel Hill Ga on our way back to Atanta Ga. We stopped at Tunnel Hill to check out the Tunnel on the W&A up here. In between rain drops here we were fortunate enough to catch this SB Grain Train led by CSX ES44AH 5489 and 2 more. This is a spot I hope to get back to soon and get some more shots. Real nice up here. From above the old and original Tunnel here. Thanks for looking all. Take care, be well. Ben

Date: 06/14/18 16:58
Author: NS7214

Nice ones for what we had, I do like this grain train shot

Date: 06/14/18 18:43
Author: 8notch

Nice set of pictures.

Date: 06/15/18 05:03
Author: NSSpike

Nice catch there Ben!!! You were running with the Union City Flash I see.
Also I see there is a little "in the family" competition going on!!!
She has a good teacher I would say!!!
Be safe in your travels!!!

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/18 05:09 by NSSpike.

Date: 06/15/18 07:21

Thanks Phil. Yeah, we argue sometimes about whose shots to post. All on fun. Take care. See ya next time thru perhaps. Ben

Posted from Android

Date: 06/16/18 13:35
Author: ns1000

Pic 4 is a nice mood shot...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.046 seconds