Home Open Account Help 200 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Lehigh Line on 5/31 w/ UP OCS

Date: 06/16/18 19:12
Lehigh Line on 5/31 w/ UP OCS
Author: OCtrainguy

Playing catch up here. Like many others in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and other areas, I made sure I was able to get trackside on May 31st to see the Union Pacific OCS head east with the Spirit of the Union Pacific engine. Having family members, past and present, in the army, marines and coast guard, kudos to the UP and their employees for this paint scheme! Both my son and I left work to get trackside. As documented, the train got delayed, so my son and I spent some time in the hobby shop in Piscataway, NJ. We started our railfanning there are well. Onto the photos.

1. Conrail Shared Assets local MA2 working a customer on the Port Reading Secondary in Piscataway
2. Over to the Lehigh Line in Piscataway and CSX Q140 heads east with Tropicana reefers and intermodal
3. Conrail Shared Assets local MA2 heads west back to Manville Yard

More to follow..

Date: 06/16/18 19:18
Re: Lehigh Line on 5/31 w/ UP OCS

Continuing the photos.

4. Video of Conrail MA1 heading west
5. CSX Q301 heads west
6. NS 20K heads east with a pair of DC to AC rebuilds

After catching the NS 18N, my son and I moved to Manville, NJ. More to follow..

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/16/18 19:24

After a short wait in Manville, this is the NS Lehigh Line, we saw the 212 roll by. Behind the 212, was the Union Pacific train.

7. The UP OCS and the engine did not disappoint!
8. The cars at the end of the train
9. Video of the Union Pacific train and the cameras (mine included) were clicking away as it approached

So glad I was able to see this and my son was as well. He was barely two when we saw the Union Pacific OCS, with the E9s, in Philadelphia in June 2000. Hope you enjoy!

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/16/18 19:50
Author: SNY1337

Nice shots and video! It's pretty wild how much that NS unit bounced over the road crossing in the video.

Posted from Android

Date: 06/17/18 04:54
Author: Pattenburg

Nicely done on Image # 7!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.036 seconds