Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Need More Tinkering

Date: 06/21/18 17:32
Need More Tinkering
Author: NS7214

Here's another type shot I need to get out and tinker with some more, night clicking with 100 + mm zoom.
This shot is just north of Stonewall of a southbound on the A&WP/WofA Sub in Union City, Georgia on March 14, 2014
Such a shot creates a whole nother' ballgame.

Date: 06/21/18 18:15
Re: Need More Tinkering
Author: refarkas

This certainly is a beautiful image with just the tinkering you have done here.
Bob

Date: 06/21/18 18:29

refarkas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This certainly is a beautiful image with just the
> tinkering you have done here.
> Bob

Thank ya, sir. When i shot this I was somewhat rushed and only got to setup 3 lights, I need to do atleast 2 more for lighting up the scene more.

Date: 06/22/18 20:37
Author: mkostecky

yeah! and I bet the crews just LOVE getting flashed by BLINDING strobe lights with no warning in the middle of the night too!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/18 20:39 by mkostecky.

Date: 06/22/18 23:04

Oh here we go again smh. Btw they're not strobes and they're not that bright when they're standing 60' plus away from the row. And crews in my area knows what's up when they see my vehicle before I ever fire. Now would you like a platter of wine and cheese, sir? The area lights to add will be well behind the power for background. I've been in the seat when a photographer fires, the flash you see from one light fixture is over before it even registers with you, you see a person trackside well before any light goes off. The high beams from a car is more annoying than those.

Posted from Android

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/18 23:11 by NS7214.

Date: 06/23/18 00:11

mkostecky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yeah! and I bet the crews just LOVE getting
> flashed by BLINDING strobe lights with no warning
> in the middle of the night too!!
Ha, I just had the thought of it was so bad class ones wouldn't pay a guy to take pictures in the same manor. Besides, there's a tool in manual settings called iso, it does wonders for such activities by magnifying minimal lighting. There's a function within the human brain clarified as "common sense" but apparently that is an optional mode.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds