Home Open Account Help 370 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS West Slope (Pittsburgh Line) on 5/27

Date: 06/23/18 06:10
NS West Slope (Pittsburgh Line) on 5/27
Author: OCtrainguy

Continuing my photos from the Altoona area over Memorial Day weekend. As the rain tapered off on Sunday, it was time to get photos of the former PRR signals that are on the west side of Horseshoe Curve.

1. Eastbound 66X at the Jamestown Road overpass with a pair of rebuilt engines in a SD70ACu and a DC to AC
2. The 66X had a pair of helpers on the rear
3. In Portage, an eastbound intermodal train approaches the 258.9 signals with a CSX engine trailing

More to follow..

Date: 06/23/18 06:13
Re: NS West Slope (Pittsburgh Line) on 5/27

Continuing the photos..

4. Empty westbound coal train 591 at Summerhill
5. At Cresson, a helper set heads into the yard as new signals are put up there
6. Since I was in Cresson, I had to see what SD80MACs where there

A few more to follow..

Date: 06/23/18 06:20

Last of the photos..

7. Westbound 23Z stopped in Cresson to release their helpers. I was worried they'd block my view of the westbound Pessylvanian
8. Fortunately for me and the three other railfains, the intermodal cleared and we were able to photo Amtrak train 43, NS train O7T
9. Video of an eastbound mixed freight in Cresson with a helper set on the rear.

Hope you enjoy!

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/23/18 07:25
Author: steamfan49

Thanks for sharing the photos and comments. I'm looking forward to my trip to the West Slope, following the NRHS Convention in August. Hope you gave Tom at the Station Inn some business while you were in the area.

Date: 06/23/18 16:57
Author: bobk

Nice shots!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0596 seconds