Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Dispatching Office Questions

Date: 08/15/18 03:46
NS Dispatching Office Questions
Author: PRR_4859

Good Morning:

What NS Dispatching Offices have moved to Atlanta so far? Best wishes to those people making the move. I have relocated several times.

Thank you in advance.

Date: 08/15/18 03:47
Re: NS Dispatching Office Questions
Author: Ohiorailfan

I know Lake Division has not sure on the others

Posted from Android

Date: 08/15/18 04:32
Author: toledopatch

No voices have changed that I have noticed on the Dearborn Division, so I don't think that office has moved yet.

Date: 08/15/18 07:14
Author: Carl

Cleveland terminal is getting ready to move. Heard the second shift dispatcher said she was packing

I believe the voiced will not change. There will be a temporary dispatcher until the other dispatcher moved then they should have there own division back.

That was my understanding.

Carl

Posted from Android

Date: 08/15/18 08:29
Author: gtwtd3

Only divisions that ha e moved are Alabama, Georgia, Piedmont. Pocahantas shortly. Dearborn will be towards end. I think you misunderstood dispatcher, packing doesnt mean moving.

Posted from Android

Date: 08/15/18 08:43
Author: 41bridge

The northern offices are scheduled to move around the end of October. There will be different voices heard as the relocated jobs have been lengthened to reduce the amount of positions. For instance, the Cleveland Terminal dispatcher mentioned above will be known as Cleveland East. Currently their major territory goes from Berea to CP 86 (Rave). The new job goes from Berea CP 194 to Enon over the Amtrak route and also over the Bayard from Alliance to Yellow Creek. A huge increase in territory for an already busy job. Safety is secondary to saving money.

Only 1 desk has moved from the Lake Div. account of staffing issues. The other desks are still in Ft. Wayne for now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/18 08:47 by 41bridge.

Date: 08/16/18 20:01
Author: whitethorne

Roanoke Terminal Dispatcher second shift operator has said on air his  last day in Roanoke is 8-19 starting in Georgia 8-22.

Date: 08/17/18 00:56
Author: PRR_4859

Thank you all.

Date: 08/17/18 09:00
Author: engineerinvirginia

whitethorne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Roanoke Terminal Dispatcher second shift operator
> has said on air his  last day in Roanoke is 8-19
> starting in Georgia 8-22.
>  

Three days to move? What a rotten mess!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0388 seconds