Home Open Account Help 260 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Iowa Pacific/Marc E-unit and passenger cars in Bensenville, IL

Date: 10/08/18 21:39
Iowa Pacific/Marc E-unit and passenger cars in Bensenville, IL
Author: MJV1988

Looking for some information on the Iowa Pacific ex MARC E-unit #91 and the two IC? passenger cars behind it that are on a random siding in Bensenville, IL. Specifically the two passenger cars mainly as I've found info on the #91 as it was originally CB&Q 9973. Can't seem to find any info on the two cars though. Are there any plans for these in the future? Thanks.

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/18 21:40 by MJV1988.

Date: 10/09/18 14:40
Re: Iowa Pacific/Marc E-unit and passenger cars in Bensenville, I
Author: CCMF

I have a note that WSOR used the guts of it (or was going to) to rebuild WSOR 103.

Bill Miller
Galt, ON

Date: 10/10/18 07:31

The guts were used in a B-unit I believe. Not sure what the number on it is now but the B-unit was originally UP 967B.

Posted from Android

Date: 10/10/18 21:22
Author: SteveC

The Wisconsin Southern did rebuild a B unit with the internals from this A unit.  They used it to make an A-B-A set for their business train.  The units were both sourced from the Illinois Railway Museum, and the B unit has since been returned to the museum in Wisconsin Southern executive livery.  The B unit had been Union pacific 967B before going to Michigan Northern as 671 who converted it into a steam generator car, and had a lot of the internal components removed.  Hate to loose an operational A unit, but the chance to have an A-B-A set of E units for the museum was a real draw.  The IRM has two Milwaukee E-9A's (33C, 37A), one CB&Q E-9 (ex MARC 92, CB&Q 9976, BN 9908), Executive locomotive BN-3 E-9AM ( Along with BN-1 F9-A & BN-2 F-9B), and the CB&Q E-5A 9911, ( only one to survive). 

The plans that I have heard is to return the BN 9908 to silver paint and the original number 9976 to pair up with the stainless steel E-5.  The ex. UP 967B would look great in armor yellow and paired with the two Milwaukee E's in their own version of armor yellow.  Both Milwaukee E's are in the diesel barn and have had restoration work started. 

Date: 10/11/18 20:49

I believe I found the info on the passenger cars. They used to be part of a restaurant in Lincoln, IL. Iowa Pacific purchased them in 2015 and they've been sitting up in Bensenville since.

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,3723079,3723079#msg-3723079

Here's a link I found on them before the move. Then another one about the move.

http://trn.trains.com/news/news-wire/2015/10/iowa-pacific-rescues-restaurant-relics-in-illinois

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0467 seconds