Home Open Account Help 245 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Juniata Valley RR Question

Date: 01/07/19 11:21
Juniata Valley RR Question
Author: Ohiorailfan

This Friday I plan on visiting the JVRR. I have never been there before and was wondering if someone could provide info on their start time and what all they work on a typical day? Thanks!

Posted from Android

Date: 01/07/19 16:11
Re: Juniata Valley RR Question
Author: birdman

I have not been there since October but have stopped in Lewistown quite a few times in the last couple of years and the pattern has been the same at each visit.  Working the yard early in the A.M and leaving Lewistown typically between 8:30 and 9:30 with one to six cars.  They go out go Burnham, drop the cars, perhaps pick up one or two and return within a half hour.  Locomotive usually back in the engine house by 10:30 or so.  Operation is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  Hope this is helpful.

Date: 01/07/19 16:22
Author: Ohiorailfan

Very helpful indeed. Thank you!

birdman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have not been there since October but have
> stopped in Lewistown quite a few times in the last
> couple of years and the pattern has been the same
> at each visit.  Working the yard early in the A.M
> and leaving Lewistown typically between 8:30 and
> 9:30 with one to six cars.  They go out go
> Burnham, drop the cars, perhaps pick up one or two
> and return within a half hour.  Locomotive
> usually back in the engine house by 10:30 or so.
>  Operation is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
>  Hope this is helpful.

Posted from Android

Date: 01/08/19 10:47
Author: jeffm238

In addition to what was already mentioned, they take a cut of cars to the industrial park on those same days.  They talk to Altoona East and get authority to occupy the LONG industrial, typically just before or right around noon with them often returning around 1:30 or 2 in the afternoon.  It is always nice timing because it seems there can often be a lull in NS traffic for a while after eastbound Amtrak services Lewistown.

Best wishes for a successful time.  Jeff M.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0272 seconds