Home Open Account Help 238 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX caboose supposedly on way to Nashville etc

Date: 01/07/19 21:27
CSX caboose supposedly on way to Nashville etc
Author: P

Supposedly leaving Chattanooga, TN early this morning for Nashville and beyond. Q588 towards Evansville, Terre Haute and Indianapolis. I believe it will be on rear of train.

This is the Hamlet safety caboose and I have a pic on my phone that I can't upload here. Any pics enroute are appreciated as I'd love to have documentation of the move. Any changes to itinerary, I will post here.

TIA!

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/19 05:10 by P.

Date: 01/08/19 04:40
Re: CSX caboose supposedly on way Nashville etc
Author: boejoe

Did you previously report that the caboose has been purchased by a private individual?  Do you know where in Indiana it's final destination will be?  Just curious.  Thanks.
jb

Date: 01/08/19 05:10

Headed to the WVRR in Connersville. Purchased by me.

BTW, still in Chattanooga as of 9am this morning.

Posted from Android

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/19 06:12 by P.

Date: 01/08/19 06:55
Author: csxcophotographers

Former SBD caboose?

Date: 01/08/19 07:10
Author: Dogcatcher

I know it may be rude, but how much did it cost to purchase? Also, what are they charging you to ship it?

Date: 01/08/19 07:39

csxcophotographers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Former SBD caboose?

I believe it was built new in 1975 for the SCL. Rebuilt and repainted in 2002.

Posted from Android

Date: 01/08/19 10:33
Author: boejoe

P
Congratulations and best wishes with your new acquisition.  It appears to be in excellent shape.  Coincidentally, I visited the Whitewater Valley web site last week and saw that they have an interesting collection of cabooses in their rolling stock already.  Yours should enhance the assortment.
jb 

Date: 01/08/19 14:14
Author: sptno

Very cool purchase!
I have always wanted an SP cupola.  Next best option if we move were I can have some land for my ham radio antennas, I could have one built out of wood, based on SP design.  Get some trucks to place under the caboose. 
Make a good ham shack and 'dog house' when I am in trouble with the wife.
Pat
WA5VRO

Date: 01/09/19 04:00
Author: WLE2679

Congrats on your purchase! Side note Athearn I believe makes a HO scale model of this caboose. Not 100 accurate but something.

Date: 01/09/19 05:09
Re: CSX caboose supposedly on way to Nashville etc

Thanks all! Excited to get it here, although it appears stuck in Chattanooga. Classic case of getting 'lost ' in the system? Over 3 days now.

Yes the WVRR has many, including several beautifully restored wooden cabooses- most former B&O.

Posted from Android

Date: 01/09/19 17:39
Re: CSX caboose supposedly on way to Nashville etc

It escaped Chattanooga this evening finally on local M782. I believe this to be the local to Nashville. looking like an overnight run to Nashville.

In Bridgeport, AL at 8pm Wed.

P.S. The reason it was taken off in Chattanooga was because of its order to be on the rear of the train. Its train needed a shove up the grade North of Chattanooga and they would not put a pusher behind the caboose.

They set it out and now it's on a local to Nashville.
Posted from Android

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/19 19:57 by P.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0446 seconds