Home Open Account Help 383 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Light Question On GEVO's

Date: 01/08/19 06:25
Light Question On GEVO's
Author: cornerfieldhobby

I have a question in regards to the GEVO series. Over the course of this year, I always see ES44AH's or ET44AH's, etc. and always disregarded it because I never really paid attention to it. But recently on facebook a photo was uploaded and I noticed it was mentioned. And that is, on each side of the unit towards the front by the side engine numbers, are lights. They're either red or orange color. I've never seen them on, but now I'm curious what they're actually used for. Here is a photo I incresed closer and put a red circle around on CSX ES44AH #734 in Mentor Ohio back in June 2018 leading Q635.

Date: 01/08/19 06:35
Re: Light Question On GEVO's
Author: mttrainman1

This light gives an outside indication that train control is cut in on that locomotive. It is required on some foreign passenger railroads.

Posted from Android

Date: 01/08/19 08:02
Author: tehachapi-dave

Though unrelated to the op's question, hope someone got to eat their chips before the bag ended up on the plow...

Tehachapi-TJ Over & Out.

Date: 01/08/19 10:40
Author: CSX602

LSL lights.  They denote if the Locomotive Speed Limiter system is engaged.   That system is needed on some ex-Conrail lines.

Date: 01/08/19 13:53
Author: Totallamer

mttrainman1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This light gives an outside indication that train
> control is cut in on that locomotive. It is
> required on some foreign passenger railroads.
>
> Posted from Android

^
This.  I see them on a lot in Richmond because the RF&P is ATC territory.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0303 seconds