Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > WATCO Snow Train in Illinois

Date: 01/14/19 17:47
WATCO Snow Train in Illinois
Author: mtzctrain

The Decatur & Illinois Eastern RR made a snowy run eastbound through central Illinois yesterday after getting 8-12" of snow dumped on us over the weekend. I missed the westbound train on Saturday, but with the winds and snow plows working, there was still some snow piled up at our crossing that got dusted as the train went by. Pretty cool to see all the snow flying off the roofs of the hoppers too. 2 locomotives lead an average sized train of 29 cars east.

-Caleb

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/14/19 19:34
Re: WATCO Snow Train in Illinois
Author: Roadbed

Good to see traffic moving along at a decent clip. In their short time operating this line has the traffic level changed any?

Date: 01/14/19 20:28

They are hauling more than CSX was during their last year of operation. Train lengths average around 30 cars in/out of Decatur. I don't know how much traffic they have further east, but I would guess traffic levels are up from CSX days. Although not near as much as CSX had like 5 years ago.
   -Caleb

Date: 01/16/19 12:09
Author: rbx551985

I love seeing videos like this from across the country showing freight moving in all directions. I have a question regarding the two tank cars near the end of the train:What's the flammable placard number for this car series:LYBX 5179 Tank car w/ red, "flammable" placard
LYBX 5161 Tank car w/ red, "flammable" placardThe placard # was too far from the camera to read it clearly.  Thanks (....I like to build HO models of cars I've seen, or alter the appearance of [store-] bought models to appear as those I've seen, including actual placard numbers).

Date: 01/16/19 18:52

The red placards are #1170, for ethanol. The cars were most likely loaded at the ADM corn plant in Decatur.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds