Home Open Account Help 239 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > An NS 198 / 298 Combo Train & Four More

Date: 01/16/19 05:39
An NS 198 / 298 Combo Train & Four More
Author: NSSpike

Last week I did a post titled: “NS Signs Of New Operating Plan, More Combo's?”
https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,4706500 

This past Sunday another east bound NS 198/298 was heard providing one of it's four units to a west bound M73 at CP Hubbard west of Bremen Georgia. I headed to Villa Rica as I wanted to see just what type of cars and how many of each made up it's consist. The following trains were in the picture: NS 220, NS 226, AMTK 19 NS 198/298 & NS 733 And needless to say there were some interesting conversations about NS 198 consist during all of the meets. By now a relief crew had boarded the train in the siding at CP Sewell west of Villa Rica and were getting things in order when passing on the main an east bound NS 226 reminded them of their consist makeup. The 41 auto-racks smack in the middle of their consist. They were well aware and thanked them for the reminder. After everything had cleared the combo NS 198 headed east into Villa Rica and took the siding as NS 733 was holding the main. As the empty PRB coal drag headed west out of town the east bound NS 198 started to head east... Started was about it as it busted a knuckle between the last two auto-racks. Was Ugly Bad as it was more then the conductor could handle and mechanical out of Rome Georgia was called to assist.Sorry for the quality of this video as it is the first one I have done in years and it is a quart low. 
In the video:
EB NS 220 (DALLAS, TX (KCS IDAAT)- ATLANTA, GA)
EB NS 226 (SHREVEPORT, LA(UP ZLCAI) - ATLANTA, GA)
WB AMTK 19(NEW YORK,NY-NEW ORLEANS,LA)
EB NS 198 / NS 298 Combo (NEW ORLEANS, LA – MACON, GA)
WB NS 733 (GP JULIETTE, GEORGIA - PRB WYOMING)
NOTE: CP Villa Rica is the dividing point for the East End / Atlanta Terminal dispatch desks.

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/19 06:37 by NSSpike.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/16/19 07:28
Re: An NS 198 / 298 Combo Train & Four More
Author: RFandPFan

Great video, excellent variety of trains!

Date: 01/16/19 07:32
Author: The-late-EMD

Great video!

Posted from Android

Date: 01/16/19 14:21
Author: eddiejack102

Love your info on this import ns line ,Not a bad video thanks for sharing

Date: 01/17/19 16:09
Author: spwolfmtn

This is obviously "fake news" as this type of stuff does not happen when "PSR" is in control!  Ha Ha, you can't get any more "precise" than this.  Yes Sheldon, sarcasm...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0367 seconds