Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > "Cranking Up"

Date: 02/01/19 15:46
"Cranking Up"
Author: aussiehinz

After two days of historic cold, most of Chicagoland began to get back to normal today. The Arctic blast from late Tuesday into Thursday evening brought with it some unprecedented curtailments, including Wednesday's suspension of all Amtrak operations to or from Chicago, its busiest hub, and two consecutive days of cancelled U.S. Mail Service .Today, however, temperatures slowly moderated into the high teens, and the city went back to work. The two westbound trains Norfolk Southern delivered to BNSF pictured here (one with Ferromex power) were the first freight trains to pass "MH" tower in two and a half days, coming by here ten minutes apart in the wee hours of this morning. They still awaited BNSF crews at Western Avenue to forward them west.this afternoon. Meanwhile, yesterday's Amtrak Train #3 departed Chicago on time after a 24 hour shutdown. Most Amtrak services were operating as scheduled today.

Cheers,
aussiehinz

Date: 02/01/19 17:25
Re: "Cranking Up"
Author: refarkas

Well done. I like the way the Amtrak goes around the curve in photo three.
Bob

Date: 02/01/19 20:31
Re: "Cranking Up"
Author: wa4umr

refarkas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well done. I like the way the Amtrak goes around
> the curve in photo three.
> Bob

He has a great place getting those pictures.  He calls it "MH Tower,"  or "My Home tower." If you pass through there on Amtrak you might want to look for a "3 TRACKS" sign in the window of one of the buildings on the south side of the tracks, just after leaving the station.  He has given us some great pictures from around that area.

John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0624 seconds