Home Open Account Help 264 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Manassas to Alexandria, VA Question

Date: 02/05/19 19:05
NS Manassas to Alexandria, VA Question
Author: PRR_4859

Good Evening:

How many freight trains per day does NS currently operate north of Manassas, VA towards Alexandria?

Thank you in advance.

Date: 02/05/19 19:56
Re: NS Manassas to Alexandria, VA Question
Author: csxcophotographers

No through freights. There is a couple weekly 64A ethanol trains that operate and several rock locals from Manassas to Springfield K87 and K88 usually mid morning and late evening around 830pm.

Date: 02/05/19 20:08
Author: Tominde

When did CSX (C&O) last run between Alexandria and Manassas, clousure of Pot Yard?

Date: 02/06/19 05:25
Author: SRSD45

Tominde Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When did CSX (C&O) last run between Alexandria and
> Manassas, clousure of Pot Yard?

Maybe 1987-1989 time range. Earl...

Date: 02/06/19 07:50
Author: WDRailfan

The only through freight through here now is 64A, which from my experience runs one to two times a week (One ran last night and on 1/30). K99 is the Lynchburg - Alexandria manifest, and usually goes on duty at Montview at roughly 23:00. K95 is the southbound equivalent and usually goes on duty around midnight from my experience. In terms of rock trains, K90 and K88 are the morning loads and empties - K90 south, K88 north, and usually run between 10:00 and 12:00 between Casanova and Springfield on weekdays. K94 is the night rock local and runs north and south with loads/empties, usually between 19:00 and 21:00. All the rock trains are weekdays only but occasionaly (usually once a month) we'll get Saturday extras. I'm not too certain on the days of operation for the K99/95, but I believe K99 runs every night except for Saturday night, could be wrong about that though.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1096 seconds