Home Open Account Help 266 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > The southbound Juice train in 2011 in Delaware

Date: 02/05/19 19:39
The southbound Juice train in 2011 in Delaware
Author: inCHI

I've been sorting videos and came across this one from December 26th, 2011. It is the southbound train of Tropicana cars and added intermodal going by the east end of Wilsmere Yard in Elsmere, DE. It still has many of the orange cars, which I think are all gone now. Was the symbol for it back then Q741?

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 02/05/19 20:53
Re: The southbound Juice train in 2011 in Delaware
Author: MdRailfan

Symbol sounds right, but I didn't think it was combined with intermodal that long ago.  Thought it was still a unit train in 2011.

Date: 02/05/19 21:44
Author: boejoe

I thought the northbound was a unit train and empty southbound cars could be added to anything to get them back to Bradenton FL

Date: 02/06/19 06:52
Author: inCHI

boejoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought the northbound was a unit train and
> empty southbound cars could be added to anything
> to get them back to Bradenton FL

I thought that method was a change in the last couple years. In the case of the train in the video, if I remember right, the intermodal pickup was in Philly.

Date: 02/06/19 14:34
Author: ddavies

I looked back through my pics, and on Nov 2 (2011) the juice loads went north with no pigs on the front.  The same day, pigs led the southbound empties.  Location was Ruther Glen on the RF&P.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0301 seconds