Home Open Account Help 290 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Construction at Spring Grove Ave railroad overpass

Date: 02/11/19 19:21
Construction at Spring Grove Ave railroad overpass
Author: approachmedium

Just curious if anyone knows what the construction project is at the Spring Grove Ave railroad overpass at the
entrance to Queensgate yard. It looked as if they were drilling to sink a pillar for new structure over Spring Grove Ave.
Also noticed that in the grassy area along side the exit to westbound 74 adjacent to railroad tracks they have
laid a wooden barrier or platform for heavy equipment from the shoulder of SB 75 almost covering the entire
grassy area all the way to tracks. I assume this is to allow heavy equipment in to prevent getting stuck in all the mud.

Date: 02/12/19 12:51
Re: Construction at Spring Grove Ave railroad overpass
Author: scraphauler

Likely preliminary work for I-74 / I-75 interchange. Whole area gets blown up (so to speak) and rebuilt - will be traffic nightmare for next couple years for 74 and 75 - glad I dont do that commute anymore

Date: 02/15/19 08:37
Re: Construction at Spring Grove Ave railroad overpass
Author: approachmedium

Thanks for the info about the construction scrapehauler. I wondered if the railroads were doing something
since the platform went all the way up to the tracks.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.7911 seconds