Home Open Account Help 291 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Cold storage, PRR signals, heat distortion...

Date: 02/17/19 15:56
Cold storage, PRR signals, heat distortion...
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

Got wind of another NS 66R (loaded crude off the CN) that was going to leave Mansfield at around 1145 on Valentine's Day. So I decided to head to Wooster, Ohio to see if I could get this coming under the PRR signals at PC 134. Wife even went with me and we had a nice dinner on way home. Had to use a zoom lens at high ISO but it seemed to work out. First picture is of the C67 going west in downtown Canton from February 02, 2019. Canton Cold Storage used to be here back in the day and was once served by rail. Next two are of the NS 66R coming underneath the  PRR signals; was hoping for more sun BUT have to play the cards you are dealt. Nice place to eat just up the street called Leroy's Place...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/19 17:41 by Forever-Railfan-45.

Date: 02/17/19 16:02
Re: Cold storage, PRR signals, heat distortion...

Fourth picture is of that 66R coming past Harrison Avenue in Canton with a fifteen miles per hour slow order head end only and last two are of the NS 66Z just outside of Louisville, Ohio at PC 91.1. Sun was out just before this arrived. More important things on the horizon; mom has a bone scan tomorrow as they are trying to rule out something. She is a cancer survivor of three battles. Please keep her in your prayers...have a good work week all. 

Date: 02/17/19 16:43
Author: ns2557

Praying for your Mom. Hope all is well for years to come for her. Great shots too. Like the CN shots. Be well, Ben

Posted from Android

Date: 02/17/19 16:58
Author: PRR_4859

Praying for your mom as well. I hope all goes well.

When trains run the CF&E / NS from Chicago to Pittsburgh, where do they change crews?

Thank you in advance.

Date: 02/17/19 17:19
Author: cabsignaldrop

Wonderful photos, and more importantly your mom is in our thoughts and prayers.  

Date: 02/17/19 17:31

Chicago/Fort Wayne/then Bellevue or Mansfield/then Conway...

Date: 02/17/19 19:27
Author: refarkas

Will pray for your mother. Family comes first.
Bob

Date: 02/18/19 05:18
Author: NSSpike

Carl, we will have your family in our thoughts and prayers !!!
As always another fine series of photos from up your way!!!
NSSpike

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

Date: 02/19/19 05:58
Author: cornerfieldhobby

Photo 2 & the last photo are my favorite. That is one classic shot with the CN & Pennsy signals and then the bottom photo with BNSF looks like someplace out west.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0424 seconds